Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

What to eat when you've just had your wisdom teeth out!

9 posts, 7 members
Hi BRers!

So I recently had my wisdom teeth pulled out last week and I've been told to stick to 'soft food'

My gums are still sore and terrible, and I've been feeling a bit down because I've been pretty much been only eating soup and ice cream all week. Had mashed potato one day too. 

Anyone have any suggestions for other food I can enjoy while my gums heal?

Thanks!

Yurika xx
trudijoy
8375 posts
God I had mine out last year, so sore :S

Try:

- jelly
- calci-yum/yoghurt
- instant pudding
- smoothies
- rice pudding/creamed rice/rice porridge (can be savoury)
- milo drinks
- lasagne (not a lot of chewing needed!)
- curry sauces (like butter chicken) - you can shred the chicken
trudijoy
8375 posts
oh and stewed fruit!

Just clocked your Japanese name  - if you know how to make Japanese foods, try things like okayu, hiyayakko or any other soft tofu dish, curry sauce with grated veges in it, purin etc
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
Oh you poor thing - I hope you feel better soon. You could go with the mashed potato and mix lots of other yummies in - mashed kumara, grated carrot, peas, onion etc. Quiche, scrambled eggs, soups, smoothies, falafel etc. If you aren't getting a lot of nutrients atm then I suggest taking a multivitamin or B complex xx
Macs
5351 posts
I think the fellow ladies have given you some good advice. When I had my tooth taken out I just stuck to pastas, soups, noodles and mashed foods for a couple of weeks.
Ringy
825 posts
maybe slow cooker meals? They are usually pretty soft. I think I have just chipped my wisdom tooth- like yesterday because I just went to the dentist last Friday and nothing was noted- it's jagged but doesn't hurt so I'm thinking I maybe might just leave it- eating soft foods for weeks sounds like a rough dentist trip.
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
ouch poor you heaps of smoothies you can blitz a whole healthy range of goodies xx

Julieal
915 posts
Icecream is good as it cools your gums or soup ,spaghetti-Take care of yourself for a few days as this is pretty miserable and drink lots.
Thank you guys! So much good advice and ideas I hadn't thought of at all!! 

Knew I could rely on the BR girls for this sort of advice :Dxx

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!