Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Where do you buy your essential oils from?

23 posts, 14 members
AmandaJane
1147 posts
I was out looking yesterday. I went to a few $2 shops and came out with something I could use in the house but not the bath which is primarily what I want them for.

The Warehouse, Spotlight and KMart didn't have them. There were heaps of scented candles and I found some great bargains at the every day price I will be going back to buy later but no oils. Help! :)
sunelizabeth
410 posts
I buy mine from lotusoils.co.nz. They are good quality and a good price. I actually have a wholesale account with them which you may be able to set up..
sunelizabeth
410 posts
I buy mine from lotusoils.co.nz. They are good quality and a good price. I actually have a wholesale account with them which you may be able to set up..
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Thank you! I'll go check it out.

Nice sugar skull btw :) 
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
My husband brought a heap from a chemist. I just placed a I herb order including 1 as well.
Careful when buying them they are are essential oil and not just scents
Macs
5351 posts
I love getting my oils from Health2000 stores or Hardys. My partners feet get really dry. I like to use the Thursday plantation oil. I am thinking of giving The Body shop a try this week.
100_percent_ash
488 posts
I get my lavender and tea tree essentials from the supermarket but I find genuine essential oils really pricey so haven't actually purchased any others yet although I'd love to do this in the future.

I can however HIGHLY recommend Le'essience online. I was put onto her by BR when I trialed her facial cleanser oil and serum (amazing BTW) and have since purchased a few treatment blends. She also does custom blends if you have any allergies to specific oils or health needs and heaps of info about aromatherapy on her blog.
chikoboo
3402 posts
I took a part time course whilst at college about aromatherapy and lived by my Culpepper book for many years to treat many ailments but sadly as I've gotten older and time is far more limited I slowly slip into the lets just go to the chemist and grab something.  I used to be quite proud of my oil and herb knowledge and still have heaps of well read books on it that I occassionaly refer back too.

In regards to where I buy my oils, I love iherb and found that their NOW collection of essential oils to be amazing, they have the individual oils and well as blends pre made which are awesome!! I especially love the clear the air mix, I pop this onto a tissue and suck it up into the vacuum as I clean it gets rid of that musty hoover smell of dust and cleans the air freshing as I go.  Its really calming, but I do mix it up and I only wash the floors with dettol and a dash of pine essential oil!!
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Thanks ladies, all of you, much appreciated feedback x

It looks like it'll be another online purchase for me. I was surprised how hard they were to find. I got some blends of cheap scented oil for the burner but want to get some quality oils for the bath.

Chickaboo - (great nickname btw :) - could you recommend a relaxing soothing oil for use in the bath?  I used to be knowledgable about this stuff too but i've forgotten most of the info. That's what 20 years and getting old does for a person hah. I should be looking at something for memory too, lol, I've heard that Rosemary is good for that?
chikoboo
3402 posts
hehehe Pomkiwi :)

•Lavender essential oil (anti-anxiety)
•Geranium essential oil (balancing)
•Mandarin essential oil (calming)
•Bergamot essential oil (relaxing)
•Ylang Ylang essential oil (sedative)
•Neroli essential oil (anti-depressant)
•Jasmine essential oil (sedative)
•Lemon essential oil (tonic)
•Patchouli essential oil (helps with stress-related issues)
•Sandalwood essential oil (sedative)

I always keep Sandalwood and Neroli around be it in oil form or incense sticks =)

Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Chikoboo I love how you're a book of knowledge
chikoboo
3402 posts
I'm a sponge Ong, I soak up knowledge heheheh or just a complete nerd either works =)

-Bex-
611 posts
love your new profile pic chikoboo. And love the green lips!
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Chikoboo - you are a fountain of knowledge, I'm going for the Ylang Ylang and Jasmine - Jasmine is my absolute favourite scented flower. So expensive in the UK and here it literally grows on trees.

I'm thinking of making my own too. I noticed a huge Rosemary plant on my walk the other day. Just need to figure out a carrier oil, I'm guessing extra virgin olive oil won't rock it lol

Thanks again for the info :)

AmandaJane
1147 posts
Chikoboo - you are a fountain of knowledge, I'm going for the Ylang Ylang and Jasmine - Jasmine is my absolute favourite scented flower. So expensive in the UK and here it literally grows on trees.

I'm thinking of making my own too. I noticed a huge Rosemary plant on my walk the other day. Just need to figure out a carrier oil, I'm guessing extra virgin olive oil won't rock it lol

Thanks again for the info :)

Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I buy my essential oils from iherb! Super cheap, and the majority of them are 100% essential oils with no added bits and pieces so thats another benefit. Loved reading Chikaboo's little blurb about what they are good for, might have to save that one somewhere so i can refer to later.
MareeB
5244 posts
Do Terra are worth a look :)
kirstysays
762 posts
I get my lavendar and tea tree from the supermarket too and have been looking recently at some of the essential oils on iherb so will probably get some from there.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I get mine from iHerb. Super cheap and great quality. I love Lavender, Tea Tree, Lemon and Orange. They smell amazing. I actually add a few drops to my Eco Nuts and the clothes come out smelling of my favourite oil. Makes doing the washing just a little bit more enjoyable lol x
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
In my last iherb order, all the bottles leaked. So gutted, but iherb did not even wrap them up and just put them in the box with the rest of the stuff so i am not suprised. Hopefully i will get a refund
Lucyyy
1 posts
I buy them online from eco essential oils. Really good quality, pure (undiluted) and ship quickly. The website also has a great rewards scheme. 

I love that they sell blends too. Each of the individuals can be mixed together or used separately in a diffuser, perfect of you're wanting to experiment with different scents together! 

Love lemongrass, geranium and jasmine :) 
Diaz-Paris
23 posts
Kmart has lovely essential oils for diffusers! My favourites are Lavender oil and Tea tree essential oil :)
Pat17
390 posts
Thankyou Chicoboo -Love the list you provided

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!