Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Skin troubles from hot weather!

27 posts, 7 members
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hi ladies! Omg my skin is playing up so much with this hot weather, it looks horrible and spotty! I can't seem to calm it down no matter what I use. Does anyone else get this problem in hot weather? If so what do you do? I have not been wearing makeup at all and been using products specifically for blemishes. Next option is a paper bag, lol lets hope it doesn't come to that :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Oh no! My skin is normal / oily but tends Oiler in the summer with the humidity (yay face sweat) so I’m strict about my routine - I allllways double cleanse - oil cleanse at night (I’m using the Body Shop Camomile Butter) taken off with a hot-as-poss facecloth (washed after very use) and follow with Micellar Cleanser, and in the morning it’s Ethique In Your Face then Micellar Cleanser again. Then it’s a straight-from-fridge spritz of Mario badescu spray, and then a moisturiser or serum. I find lighter moisturiser  enough in summer - using Skinfood Nourishing  moisturiser atm. I don’t use sun cream on my face, rather I use a spray block like Neutrogena Beach. Currently using an Aveeno one I got in Hawaii - not sure if it’s out here.

i don’t touch my face unless I’m cleaning it, wah bedding more often (pillowcases 2-3 times a week) and that all helps.

interestingly since giving up PPD dye my skin seems to have reacted by clearing up! 

I do still I’ll wear makeup - my foundation is an absolute dream in the heat and I’m obsessed. I used Too Faced Peach Perfect topped with a bit of powder (Mecca Life Proof or Nyx illuminating - the rainbow one) and set with Glamglow glowsetter. Base stays put even in this heat.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
My suggestion would also be to ensure you are double cleansing, even if you’re not wearing makeup, to make sure you get rid of SPF, which makes lots of people break out. 

I haven’t worn foundation this year due to travelling so much. I’m thinking I’ll just pick up a tinted moisturiser instead when I got Mecca to pick up my loop box on Wednesday. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Thanks for the tips! Trudi I may have to purchase that foundation as I just googled it and it sounds great! It has been so hot and humid here my skin hates it so much. Hopefully it snaps out of it soon. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I want the primer too! Even the foundation cools down any redness etc and it applies and wears like a dream and smells amazing. I sampled two colours and could have easily worn both; I chose ‘light beige’ though 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Ooooh I should get out my samples of it and try it. I don’t feel ready to wear foundation again yet!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I just did a match and it said snow so I shall give it a go :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
They mismatched me at Mecca so I’m pleased I didn’t buy their suggested ‘Almond ‘ lol. Soozie yeah try it, it’s def hot-weather friendly
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Hmmm, maybe I should just get some tinted moisturiser samples on Wednesday then, before I actually purchase. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Not exactly a new idea, but something that came to mind for me recently and worked pretty well was using a good finishing powder over a tinted moisturizer, like the Hourglass Ambient powders because they do such a good job of making your skin look blurred and radiant even in daylight. I've found I can get a decent look from them and tinted moisturizer instead of going for a full or medium coverage foundation. Best of all if anyone asks what foundation you are wearing if you tell them it's just a tinted moisturizer they will often compliment you on how good your skin is (that's when I tell them it's Hourglass finishing powders, they really are worth the splurge). 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Thankfully after spending the weekend using masks and pimple gels it has calmed down and nearly back to normal. I have also ordered the new Sukin blemish range so am looking forward to that arriving.  The weather is a bit cooler this week so fingers crossed my skin doesn't freak out again.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Good to hear :) I do a few make up free days when my skin needs a break.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hope everyone is surviving this insane heat! We left work early today as it was just too hot to keep working. Was over 40° inside! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Not so much. I need a pool. Preferably one I can live in. Last week I was in Dunedin and in a 48 hour period I went through two 20 degree temp changes. Body didn’t like that. Struggled on Friday big time and come and go depending on the humidity. Currently in a ‘people are stupid, I look like sh*t, where’s my wine’ mood
trudijoy
8375 posts
Although I have added one of the items from the Mecca loop box to my duty free must buy list
MareeB
5244 posts
Heat? I keep hearing that while I'm in bed with a hot water bottle.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol that sums up my mood today Trudi! It's so humid, sleeping is impossible which sux. I have 5 days off next week so I am keeping my mind on that to get me through.  Omg Maree you have a hot water bottle?! Lol come to Nelson you can swap it for an ice pack!
trudijoy
8375 posts
We have six crazy weeks at work just kicking off so I’ve frozen lemon juice to throw in cold and/or fizzy water, have my desk and room fans sorted, and will basically try not to die at my desk ugh. 

i swear the phone temperature gauge things are underestimating by a good 5 degrees atm too.

going away for your time off?
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Frozen lemon juice is such a good idea! Yes I agree, the temperatures are always way under what they really are. Tomorrow is supposed to be a scorcher too, ugh!
I'm going to a friends bach in the Marlborough Sounds where I intend to chill out and have a bit of me time.  Can't wait!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah I use lemon a lot in cooking - my fave pasta is just a really simple spaghetti with spinach, and a lemon herb oil, topped with bacon, pinenuts or almonds, more herbs and cheese. So I got in the habit of buying 6-8 lemons, juicing (and zesting) them and freezing some juice and juice/zest cubes. I used one tonight in the fajita chicken I made - and they’re great to chuck in a vodka and soda too :p
trudijoy
8375 posts
And ohhh the marlb sounds will be amazing. My ex flew it over the weekend and his pics from the cockpit are insane. 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I worked in a pokey portacom for nearly 3 years in my old workplace with the heat so horrible you felt like you were sat in a sauna. The only air conditioning we had was a tiny USB fan plugged into the computer. Couldn't have the doors and windows open all the time because we either got dust storms in the yard or it would be too windy and blew all my paperwork around the place. We only had a portaloo and the only running water was through a hose. My skin was so dry and horrible due to the dust and heat omg.

Today I start a new job with air conditioning, running water and a flushing toilet. So excited ha ha ha.
MareeB
5244 posts
I've had a friend staying with me Lisa - she's thinks I'm off my rocker. But it is cooler here than where you guys all are :)
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
That sounds horrible mumof3. Hope the new job is much nicer! Lol Maree I would swap places for anywhere cooler in a heartbeat. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
So I used the Sukin blemish kit which was good but OMG the La Roche Posay Anti Acne kit is so amazing! I got a foaming cleanser,  a spray toner and a moisturiser. A simple 3 step system that has literally transformed my skin in 3 days!!!!! I have not had any new breakouts and my skin looks clear and bright. I am quite blown away. It hasn't caused any dryness whatsoever and leaves my face matte the entire day which I love.  This is a game changer for me. The price is awesome,  around $65 for the set. I totally recommend trying this if you have troublesome skin! In love :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yay! So pleased you found a solution.

i was feeling a bit flattered/smug when I went in to get my makeup done and the artist was suprised that I had nothing on my face other than a bit of illuminating lotion and lip gloss, he thought I’d base-prepped bc my skin looked good, apparently! 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Thanks! Im stoked:-)
Awesome, getting compliments for having great skin is fantastic! 
I am having a rough time atm, can't get home as roads are blocked off cause of the fires. So can't get to work or anything. So stressful and so many people affected,  it sux.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!