Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

14 posts, 11 members
xjayloux
900 posts
Recommend the best brands for pore strips, the cheaper the better!
tanitaandtia
144 posts
I'll be following this thread closely :)
LanaG
66 posts
I havent seen pore strip around for years, i used to use them, but I don't know if they still sell them anywhere in Napier :( well, I haven't been able to find them anyway :(
lenarose
313 posts
Pore strips are at best a waste of your money, and at worst are damaging your skin. They can irritate your skin and leave your pore wide open. I would really recommend not using them.
nelliebelle
113 posts
Do have recommendations of alternatives lenarose?
xjayloux
900 posts
I agree that they are not something to be used as a regular part of a regime, but sometimes.. i.e in winter when things get desperate, a pore strip is all thats needed. Im thinking i will try kmart and farmers and report back x
meimei
81 posts
I use the Biore pore strips once a month if not less. 

They are really good for purging my skin when it just feels a bit clogged! After that I dose my skin in cold water.
xjayloux
900 posts
I think the ones i used to use were like t-zone or something. Do the biore ones come from supermarket or farmers?
lashestodiefor
23 posts
farmers have a good range :) i use them every now and again when my pores are really clogged. always do it before bed so your not putting makeup on straight away. 
skingeek
537 posts
I use them, and I recommend them to my clients, too. My favourites are Biore. Use them after a clay mask for best results. They can be harsh, but they're designed to be used only once a week, max. As for leaving your pores open, just use a gentle toner and a treatment gel or moisturiser which contails alpha and/or beta hydroxy acids. Salicylic acid is the best bet, as it's both decongesting and antibacterial.
Heather
79 posts
I've tried one brand and I hated it, i think it was Beauty Formula or something like that? My sister got them from Postie Plus and let me try one. It was very painful to remove and didn't do anything for my blackheads. A serious waste of time!!! 
tannygirl
3392 posts
I used to use Biore Pore Strips. I didn't actually notice much of a reduction in blackheads, if they do remove blackheads they leave behind a lot of black little open pores which doesn't look much better. Actually I read that they can stretch out your pores making them larger and more noticeable and they can also cause broken capillaries. I now squeeze out my blackheads with a tissue.
xjayloux
900 posts
Ive actually found that mud masks work better and are way more luxurious and gentle on the skin! 
Lucia
21 posts
12pxxjayloux which mud mask will you recomend for the black heads? 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!