Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Natural Beauty Products

20 posts, 16 members
hughes_dre
229 posts
I was wondering if anybody could recommend a tried and tested natural brand.  I've come across Kareen Holland's new products (she used to be a makeup artist for Peter Jackson in his Meet the Feebles days), she used to own Earth 174 (for those of you in Wellington, that's on Victoria Street), and she's come out with a new brand.  I've used her previous products but am wondering if any of you have come across anybody that makes cosmetics using natural ingredients?  Kareen Holland's new line is here: http://www.kdone.co.nz/ but would like to get other ideas to compare.
MissAimeeJean
267 posts
I love Dr. Hauschka - all organic and natural!! They do the skincare and cosmetics :-)
sunelizabeth
410 posts
I second Dr Hauschka. I also love Weleda, Antipodes & Inika. I'm such a snob with skin & beauty products, I only buy the nicer organic ones.
hughes_dre
229 posts
That's great ladies, thank you so much!
lenarose
313 posts
I quite like Nude by Nature, as well as Natio. I'm not super fussed on 'natural' or 'organic' products because it's basically just marketing term, you can pretty much use it on anything an no one can tell you not to.
sunelizabeth
410 posts
Important not to be too fooled by 'green washing'. You can always use your common sense & look at & then research ingredients though
skingeek
537 posts
If you're after genuine organic, go for Inika. Their mineral powder is great. Just zinc and mica- no nasties. They alsohave some great foundations, lipsticks, eye makeup, highlighters, etc. Great stuff. Hard to find, but I used to get mine at common sense organics when ilived in Wellington, but found it cheaper on healthpost.co.nz (I buy everything there! ). For Something a little cheaper, nude by nature do lovely mineral powders and blushers. They contain a lot of kaolin clay, though, which is fine, but if you're lipid dry (get really dry and flakey) it's not so good as kaolin absorbs oil. Great for oily/acneic skin, though.
Also "natural" is a marketjng term, yes. But certified organic isn't. They're not legally allowed to call it certified organic if it's not. Certified organic means no sls, no petro chemicals, mineral oils, talc, bismuth oxychloride (a heavy metal with alow llevel toxicity which is used as a cheaper alternative to mica to give lustre). So yes, when it comes to make up, certified organic does make a difference
lenarose
313 posts
Who certifies organic beauty products?
Nishu
374 posts
Awesome info on natural products Skingeek. Thanks for that hun! Gonna check out Inika now! I have heard about their lipsticks before but haven't gotten around to try them!
Nishu
www.lipsnberries.com
baileybreanna
119 posts
I love Bella Vi products! The brow powder is amazing and I love the mineral powder foundation, gives such a flawless look! www.bellavi.co.nz
hollybeasley
3 posts
How about Lush products? I personally have not used any but I hear wonderful things about their products. Waiting for my cleanser, toner and moisturiser to run out so I can buy some Lush! check out their website lushnz.com xx
I think it depends on what country the products come from, to who certifies them. But I am pretty sure to say certified organic it actually has to be certified, but Certified Organic products doesn't mean totally natural, it just means that the natural ingredients in the product are organic, but there may still be chemicals (not saying all chemicals are bad). Not in everything but in some stuff, also sometimes the chemicals are natually occuring. (water is a chemical) also natural enzimes in oranges are chemicals. Yay fun science stuff woot. Anyway off topic. I think its important to research products if you want a really natural fresh product that really are organic. And I do think there are some companies that use these terms as buzz words like the Neutrigina Naturals that are far from all natural, but there are definietly the real things out there somewhere. Lush is a good example, I also really like the Michael Todd skincare range (some of it is totally organic). Antipodes is really nice I have only just started using it though.  
Maimy
76 posts
I'm a fan of Lush skin care. Yes to Carrots is also natural. I've been trying Essano, which has been quite good.
pintsize
1072 posts
I am a huge fan of Weleda products... there is just so many and each of them for specific needs.
If you are in the market for natural products... try popping into your nearest health food store and asking about what specific areas you want to target.

If you don't like the price or feel they are stearing to something you aren't interested in simply tell them... they want to help you :)
sunelizabeth
410 posts
I also love Weleda, they have such a huge range of lovely products. Plantae is a new fave of mine too!
tannygirl
3392 posts
I use products from Trilogy, Antipodes, Moreish, Weleda, Living Nature, Organic Care. I'm also looking at natural makeup brands. Too bad Inika is closing their makeup was amazing. I always read the ingredients on the back and just go for the best natural deal for the product. For example I'm not particularly picky about  face cleansers so long as they are natural cleansers and don't contain any nasties.
chikoboo
3402 posts
I love Oasis Beauty they based in Canterbury and use natural products that work, check out their website and ask for some freebies they kind and will send a few.
ree_nz
247 posts
I have recently gotten into buying Lush products. I got sick of buying random cleansers that when I looked at the ingredients I had absolutely no idea what was in them. So I decided to splash out on some Lush cleanser and I absolutely love it! My skin feels so smooth after using it and its all natural (you can actually read the ingredients list and know what is in it)! And it also helped that the customer service was great :)
Anisul
15 posts
Not cosmetics but sante beauty do the best natural body butter and make up remover check her out from wellington but I'm sure she delivers great prices too and nice big tubs! 
Imoshen
461 posts
Has anyone used anything from The Herb Farm? 

Saw their products in the pharmacy that other day and immediately thought "ooooooooo shiny!" but have learnt that not all shinies are good for me!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!