Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Clogged pores, help!

17 posts, 5 members
tabucutie
1811 posts
I've always had really decent skin but have noticed over this year it doesnt look as great as it usually does. Is there a product you would recommend that has worked wonders and cleared your skin up?

Preferably cruelty free brands would be great. But would appreciate any input.
MareeB
5244 posts
Egg white! 

tabucutie
1811 posts
Really? Sounds kind of yucky...may be desperate enough to try though
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Are you breaking out Tabu? I would get something with Salicylic Acid in it. I love LA Roche Posay and Cerave but not sure they are cruelty free. But Sukin do a nice blemish control kit you could try.
tabucutie
1811 posts
My skin was really good until I did trial of a Salicylic product and the end result was this clogged skin ever since sadly.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Bummer, try something like bentonite clay, a nice mask could really help.
Pat17
390 posts
Try using a Toner to cleanse the pores -Thayers have some lovely ones.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Religiously use Toner.

Gifted a bunch of clay masks so look forward to using them!
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I find a fruit acid exfoliator works best. It helps release the bonds of dead, dry skin cells, unclogs pres, and leaves skin feeling so smooth. My favourites are Glow Lab Brighening Exfoliator, or Natio Ageless Skin.
MareeB
5244 posts
Hmm the Natio Ageless skin exfoliator looks good. I've put that on my list of things to look at!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Tabucutie I've been using Soap and Glory exfoliating toner with 5 percent glycolic acid.  I really like it!
Pat17
390 posts
Lisa-Lou that sounds really good .
Pat17
390 posts
Hope you have resolved this problem Tabacutie.It would be nice to know what worked for you.
tabucutie
1811 posts
An exfoliating toner? That sounds interesting.  Didn't know Soap and Glory was still around. It's been years since I last heard anything about them.

Have been doing a weekly clay mask and have seen some improvement which is good. Reality though... I think I'm just getting older and my skin is not as blemish free as it was... 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Mecca sells Soap and Glory. They have all sorts of awesome new goodies, I'm obsessed lol. My skin is looking amazing, no blemishes at all and it's thanks to the new products I've been using. All Soap and Glory.....but highly recommend the exfoliating tonic and the peel and polish 2 minute facial. It makes your skin feel and look amazing.  I had to buy back ups lol that's how much i love it! I've also been using the vit c day cream.
Pat17
390 posts
Tabucutie -Hope you have had a resolve however I was reading some of the articles and this may be worth trying--A cucumber face mask is meant to renew your skin and you peel in off and it takes all the clogged pores too.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Not as of yet. I'm pretty much at the acceptance stage. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!