Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Let's talk IPL

17 posts, 12 members
After getting salon waxes after all these years, I'm finally considering IPL treatments to get something a bit more permanent, but would like you to hear some first-hand experiences and discussions. Is it as good as you expected it to be? Worth the money spent? How many sessions did you do? And question for people who had a full Brazilian IPL: Do you regret it? Any comments and suggestions for good clinics/salons are appreciated :-)
Angell
182 posts
I have never had IPL, but then again, other than my eyebrows, I have never had a wax either - sorry, I'm a real ninny when it comes to pain :) However, both of hubby's brothers had IPL on their backs and both of them were really happy with the result (one in Australia and one in NZ). Hubby had his second treatment about 2 weeks ago and is hopeful that the result with just be as good as for his brothers. Note, the brother in Aus looked like a bear on his back, and now it's all really nice, smooth and normal hahahaha
isemonger
224 posts
I have had IPL treatments (brazalian) but sadly had terrible results - why? Because I am super pale and blonde (naturally) so it didn't work for me. However one of my besties (yes I said besties) swears by it. I think it's best to get a test patch done and talk to your tech (they are super helpful and usually very nice about it)

Until a blonde hair killing machine is around I sit and wait...... sigh
kirstysays
762 posts
I've been looking into this also, would definately be helpful to hear others experiences or recommendations on places to get it done.  What a shame it didn't work for you isemonger!  I had heard it works best on those with dark hair.
Kaiarahi
160 posts
Following this thread. I've been thinking about it too
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I've had it. Mixed feelings about IPL. The first salon I went to it worked really well. The therapist was great and took her time to make sure all hair was zapped. That hair didn't grow back.
Another salon I went to and NOT IMPRESSED at all. They were all fake looking barbie dolls for a start.... Anyway they were all about zap zap zap, away you go see you next time.
I had double the amount of sessions than I was told that I needed. Even complained saying you need to go slower and over the area twice at least. They changed the machine to a stronger one they had there. The salon I went to first, the therapist left and they put up prices beyond what I could afford.
Back to the second salon...  Where they actually took time and paid attention to what they were doing, the hair hasn't grown back.
Id suggest shopping around by asking friends in the same area what salon to go to.
Wow, so it's really hit and miss by the sounds of it! Didn't realise the lighter hairs don't work as well! I have dark hair so supposedly it should work better? Any recommended places in Auckland?
Oh and how about those daily deals on IPL sessions? Has anyone tried them and are happy with them? Prices are tempting but suspicious as to how good they are!
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Works best on dark hair. There are some places that have the machine that do light. I got the daily deal vouchers. The company that I went to book with told me to buy them. Was meant to be same service
kirstysays
762 posts
Has anyone had any dealings with IPL LAser solutions Tauranga there is currently a deal for them on the treatme website.  Am considering it...but can't find any info/reviews on them.
I have never tried it either but would be a good contender having dark hair.  Is it quite pricey $$ and does it hurt?
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Hurts depending how high they have the machine set at. Can feel hot and or like a rubber band flick. Not unbearable though. Worth it not having to wax/shave. Price seems to vary on body area and salons
Mrs_rain85
437 posts
I would sooo love to try IPL as i have hormonal facial hair... think i might shop around and do a savings plan...If i can stop buying beauty products that is!
kirstygore
13 posts
A few friends of mine have had their brazillians done and think its great!
It is significantly cheaper in australia though.

$300 for 10 treatments compared to like $1500!
Sasaras
17 posts
I've heard good things too! Anyone know someone who did this in Welly? I'm looking for a referral. Lots of daily deals to choose from too. Tempted by the Farmers offer BR sent out, but also interested in getting it done professionally.
HouseOdBanana
350 posts
I literally booked an appointment today for IPL. Im so excited about getting it done. Im only doing my bikini line and the price is not too bad. $50 for the consultation and then an extra $60-$70 extra for treatment on the day. So the $50 count towards you treatment.
Macs
5351 posts
Sasaras I think that coupon is tempting alot of the ladies at the moment. Oh cool houseOddbanana. You must fill us in on how it went after you're done, Salon review maybe??

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!