Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Worst products used? And Why?

59 posts, 38 members
Xtinastar
165 posts
Never tried it, but im definitely following suit and going to have to say the thin lizzy lipgloss. I received it as a gift and couldnt even bring myself to use it, it smells terrible, i could smell it without even opening the lid :(
louisew
5 posts
Garnier shampoo and conditioner - I used it once and ended up throwing it out.  It just made my scalp SUPER irritated, itchy and covered in dandruff
Kylenefs
68 posts
Can't remember the brand as was a few years back but was a fake tan, and it smelt alright in the bottle but once on my legs it had a real cat pee like smell it was horrid so I headed straight to the shower to scrub it away, patchy orange legs but least the smell was gone! THink must of had a chemical reaction to the skin or something
bronjenks
253 posts
Def Thin Lizzy.  the foundation gave me a rash and the lipgloss was sooo sticky and made my lips itch!!!!!  I had the eyeliner too but after a terrible result with the other two I didnt even use it!  I was sooo dissapointed. 
ree_nz
247 posts
As stated prior - Thin Lizzy just never worked for me. At all.
Kylenefs
68 posts
Herbal Essences Shampoo and Conditioner, after seeing the ads on tv all the time thought would give it ago. It was awful it took forever to wash the shampoo out and my hair felt heavy and fluffy was not impressed and that was only from using it once!
pintsize
1072 posts
agree fully re thin lizzy lip slime... utterly horrible.  makes me gag just thinking about it.
Iloveperfumes
132 posts
My all time worst product is Maybelline great lash mascara - just awful goopy formula, terrible brush

Runner ups are:

Clinique 3 step system - toner (like rubbing alcohol), cleansing bars (burn your eyes) and the worst offender has to be the Dramatically different lotion - so greasy and doesnt sink in the whole range is aimed at sensitive skin and it is dreadful for my sensitive skin...
Clarins beauty flash balm - irritating, oily and just gross
Smashbox photo finish primer - balls up under foundation no matter how lightly applied looks worse than no primer at all
MAC foundations - no matter how well they match you instore they just don't cater for super pale folks
Nivea touch of rose lip balm - goes a metallic lavender corpse like shade on me...
Maybelline baby lips - itch and burn my lips but I love the American versions I have heaps and love them!
Revlon blushes - just no pigment whatsoever and I am almost translucent!
Loreal color juice glosses - lovely shades but they are so incredibly sticky - like wearing molasses on your lips.
Shiseido Moisturemist beauty cake makeup - cakey horrible mess so many people swear by it but it oxidises badly on most people and looks cakey and fake and clings to pores/flakes and wrinkles you didn't even know you had...
Garnier BB cream - the original one just orange and streaky
Nars Orgasm blush - gold glitter.. everywhere..
Thin Lizzy all in one compact bronzer - no matter what they say it does not work on all skin tones and explains all the orange faced gals out there - though can work well on medium-dark tones!
Dove soap/deodorants lotions.. I may be in the exception but I am horribly allergic to any of their products I ended up on 2 years of antibiotics for a skin infection thanks to dove deodorant.

lenarose
313 posts
I soooo agree - clinique's 3 step skincare is just CRAP. The cleanser is okay, nothing special. The toner is just irritating - so much alcohol and menthol. the lady at the counter told me that if it stings it means it's working, which is a load of rubbish. The famed yellow moisturiser isn't anything special either. Just overrated, expensive crap.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!