Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Parcels that get to travel the world (or country) before they meet you!

8 posts, 7 members
Ringy
825 posts
I'm currently waiting for a million parcels too arrive, and have be diligently tracking them all online. How frustrating is it when you see the package has arrived from Auckland to Christchurch but then decided to go to Wellington and then back to Christchurch again, it's still 400km away from me so who knows where else it will get to go before its in my hands. Does anyone know how this even happens? Surely it's not cost effective to cart parcels all over? This isn't the first time it's happened- but it seriously makes me feel like pulling my hair out!

Any other stories of well traveled parcels?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Ughhh, don't get me started! I can get parcels from America quicker than I can get them from within NZ. When I had an American Express card (never again) they used to send my bills to Tahiti instead of Titahi Bay so my credit card bill was better travelled than me. Then there's My Food Bag that got delivered to the wrong address yesterday. Grrrrrr. 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
You wouldn't think it was cost effective to send them all over the place. And I am amazed they mixed Titahi Bay up with Tahiti. Surely they read the bit where it said New Zealand?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
The bills used to come from Australia without the country printed in the address so they would go everywhere. Someone would hand write Tahiti on them. Then they used to charge me interest for not paying the bill on time (in the days before Internet banking)
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Years ago, I had a letter posted to me by someone who lived in the same city.  To this day, we don't know how far that letter travelled (it had a few postmarks on it) or where it ended up but I eventually received it in my mailbox 8 years later!  I wish I'd kept the envelope or taken a photo of it.
Macs
5351 posts
I've never made international orders before. I am dreaming up a Lush Kitchen order. Since I've been in Auckland I've noticed my parcels arrieve to me quicker than when I was in the Bay Of Plenty. 
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I think it depends on where it is coming from but because I get all my stuff delivered to work I don't think that I notice it so much. Items from BR seem to arrive the next business day, International 8 days from UK and 10 days from USA, the rest of NZ seems to be 2 days unless there is a weekend in there.
Rezee
1964 posts
Funny, I'd never really thought about how well travelled my makeup was before. But yes, I have seen on my tracking numbers,odd places that it's seemed to have gone too. Luckily, it always seems to get back to me. I wonder if they just accidentally get slipped into anothers countries pile or if the sorters don't know where NZ is.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!