Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Makeup Lessons

7 posts, 5 members
MaddieR
7 posts
So, I have a question; how many of you ladies have booked and paid for a lesson with a makeup professional and how successful was it?
trudijoy
8375 posts
if you're close to Mecca I'd look into one of theirs - $150 but it's redeemable, so you can get the lesson and products to the value of $150 for $150 total.
MaddieR
7 posts
Thanks Trudijoy. That is on the plan to do when I get brave enough. And definitely the best value option.
The reason for the question was just to see if anyone had gone down the track of learning from a pro. I figure we all know what we know, can get info from YouTube, (but that can be confusing too), but sometimes an expert in the trade is worth employing.
My partner and I had a 3 hour lesson this week. It was awesome, worth every cent and we made a lifetime friendship. It was very much hands on for both of us this time, a true lesson. Most things we had right (although you can never blend too much I learnt ...). It wasn't about the big things; the subtle stuff made huge differences and to see those changes happen was great. We will do another in the New Year and I'd love to let her loose to see what she can do with me next time. Quite exciting really!
kirstyj
1732 posts
I have actually! It was a group thing which made it fun - with wine and snacks. We took along our own makeup and she demonstrated tips for each step, and we did them on ourselves with her coming around to assist. Was heaps of fun! I really liked getting some product recommendations from someone not affiliated to a particular brand at all.
Definitely a cool experience
MareeB
5244 posts
That sounds awesome Kirsty - we took all those lovely social gatherings for granted didn't we? wine food and beauty - fabulous combination :)
MaddieR
7 posts
We may have had wine involved too Maree ... Well for us, not the artist, she had more customers. Which is one of the reasons why the next round will be at our place and at the end of the day!
Those recommendations were great for us too Kirsty. Especially learning which products are basically the same just in more expensive packaging ...
Kimrose
1419 posts
This sounds like a great thing to do! I know I could do with some help

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!