Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Help finding a makeup desk/station

11 posts, 9 members
Lutece
1849 posts
Hi ladies, I think it is time that I finally purchase a makeup desk or drawer and I wondering if you have one, where did you purchase it from?

Thank you in advance <3 
pintsize
1072 posts
Hey gorgeous,
Depends on how much you want to spend :)
I bought my dresser/makeup desk from La Maison (Auckland and now ChCh) and
I know some ladies a while back found one with a fold down mirror at the Warehouse.
I guess it also depends on how urgently you want it to and what style you are after
xx
Lisa-
79 posts
I have been lusting over an ikea desk for ages. There are a few NZ companies that import them but they can get pricey. I know zoomly.co.nz sells them but you can probably Google others. Worth checking them out depending on how much you want to spend :)
Macs
5351 posts
I got an email from Bed Bath and Beyond. Thats when I found some make up storage tables under furniture. At the moment my partner is has custom built me a storage shelf that sits around my mirror. I hope you find something suitable to what you like.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I have make up storage draws by my bathroom vanity. They were either from the warehouse or one of the clearance outlets. The wholesalers or clearance places of seem to have make up vanity type things. Keen to hear how you go.
Lutece
1849 posts
Pintsize Wow they are so gorgeous! Especially the black one, you have amazing taste <3

Lisa Thank you, I have my eyes on some of their range on Trademe, some simple but pretty pieces.

Macs Thats so lovely of your partner, I will check Bed bath and beyond and see wha t they have.

Itsclearascrystal Awesome I will have a look around up here, thank you.

MrsRosie
214 posts
Unfortunalty Im not much help as at the moment my makeup and clothes/dressing room feels like a shoe box after my last house and after a month Im still trying to get use to it - is there anything more annoying than not having a good set up? (ugh nope!). Luckily this is not our forever home. I look forward to seeing what you find, Good Luck.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I'm not much help either but I have a Duchess with a mirror, under the mirror sits two draws big enough to hold my makeup, I have my brushes in candle holders sitting ontop. When i do my makeup I just pop a chair infront and do my makeup there :) Good luck in finding the pefect desk/station!
pintsize
1072 posts
No worries lovely <3 I hope you find just the right piece for you xx
idomakeupnz
150 posts
I just got a regular white office desk from Warehouse Stationary and brought some acrylic organisers from Storage Box to put everything in. Then I just purcased a large mirror from The Warehouse to hang and a magnifying desk mirror from Briscoes. All up it probably cost around $250 for the desk, mirrors and acrylic holders  (:
I think upcycled desks from the second hand stores make really cute makeup stations too if you can find a good one! I love the shabby chic style.
I've seen some great ways to upgrade older furniture, if you can't find what you like why not make it what you like. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!