Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

21 posts, 16 members
Kellie
570 posts
Just went to apply my usual CC Cream and mistakenly ended up squirting loads of my very precious used-for-special-occasions-only Lancome foundation onto my palm instead!!   Eeeeeek!

That's what I get for not having coffee before applying makeup :)

Anyone else ever had one of those 'argh, what have I just done!?' makeup moments?
wubwubb
37 posts
My common mistake is getting mascara around my eyes and then it somehow magically gets somewhere else on my hand and on my face. Or my mascara hasnt quite dried and gets on the top of my eyes near my eyebrow. grrrr
wubwubb
37 posts
My common mistake is getting mascara around my eyes and then it somehow magically gets somewhere else on my hand and on my face. Or my mascara hasnt quite dried and gets on the top of my eyes near my eyebrow. grrrr
Cat
474 posts
Haha just the other week I was routinely doing my nighttime skincare routine and knocked over my little bottle of kiehls serum that costs a bomb. Of course it was open. It spilled quite a bit all over my bathroom counter... I nearly cried. 

Quite often when using a liquid eye pen, I don't know how, but after taking the lid off I get the stuff on my fingers, then of course I have to touch my face with it :/

Fun times! :) 
Angell
182 posts
I had a tube moisteriser.....and once confused the moisteriser with my toothpaste....that was the last time I have used a tube for moisteriser....
lenarose
313 posts
I rubbed shampoo all over myself the other day, instead of body wash! Oops. It's mostly made of the same stuff so I wasn't too bothered haha.
Kellyleanne
551 posts
Lol Lena, I did the opposite- put body wash in my hair instead of shampoo and wondered why my hair felt strange! 
BarbaraMay
131 posts
I used to touch up my bright colours in my hair almost every week way back when, and I'd always always always tell myself "don't forget to rinse the colour bottle too, before you take of your gloves".  Everytime I'd rinse my gloves, take them off then touch the colour bottle - my hands were purple, pink, red, blue...

I've just trialed the Fudge Paintbox in Pink Moon and guess what? Argh! 
 Rinsed and took off my gloves before tidying up the bottle!

I also forgot I have a landlord inspection today...and my shower has some pink splashes, my exucse? It's mildew spray, I'm just letting it do its thing :p
BarbaraMay
131 posts
I used to touch up my bright colours in my hair almost every week way back when, and I'd always always always tell myself "don't forget to rinse the colour bottle too, before you take of your gloves".  Everytime I'd rinse my gloves, take them off then touch the colour bottle - my hands were purple, pink, red, blue...

I've just trialed the Fudge Paintbox in Pink Moon and guess what? Argh! 
 Rinsed and took off my gloves before tidying up the bottle!

I also forgot I have a landlord inspection today...and my shower has some pink splashes, my exucse? It's mildew spray, I'm just letting it do its thing :p
melcherizayd
31 posts
lol i always spill some of my eyeshadow onto my cheek while im applying it and when i try to wipe it off i smudge it on my face (dark brown eyeshadow), then i have to wipe it off an reapply my foundation argh!! i do it nearly everytime i put it on, ud think i would of learnt by now to be more carefull.
kirsten81
26 posts
Ive used body wash as shampoo.. Doesn't do the same job!! lol
Kellie
570 posts
Loving reading the replies!

You gals are AWESOME!  And I'm so glad to know I'm not alone in my 'uh-oh, whoops, duh' moments :)
lenarose
313 posts
Haha you girls are cracking me up. My partner has definitely mixed up products too, I should buy him an all-in-one so that it's no problem!
V-Vulpes
25 posts
I have a tip for the eyeshadow on the cheek smudges...  before applying any eyeshadow pat an (visibly) excess amount of  face powder (I have a cheaper powder so I don't waste all my more expensive finishing powder) under your eyes. once you finish putting your eyeshadow on use a brush to brush the powder off your cheeks and the eyeshadow goes with it without leaving smudges
melcherizayd
31 posts
Thanks for the tip, i will definately give that a go :)
pintsize
1072 posts
OMG when I was pregnant there were too many oh Doh moments (I wont bore you with those however plus some are just too embarrassing)
Recent ones are conditioner in hair before shampoo grr
went to spray perfume on and got myself in the face (still not sure how I managed that, might have to blame lack of coffee too)  
Sandy41
11 posts
I with you ont he mascara topic, I too seem to get mascara on the top of my eyelids and then on my hands - the owrst is if you drop your mascara brush on the carpet aargh! that just freaks me out! :)
funbeea
114 posts
Argh when I forget to let my mascara dry and it rubs on my glasses. Then there is big black smudges and I can't see. 
RachelM
345 posts
Lol this has given me such a laugh, yes the mascara on the eyelid, used shampoo as a body wash and used body wash in my hair.  A friend of mine told me the other day her mother was staying and put the deep heat on the sink and thats what my friend used as toothpaste, she had come off night shift and was extremly tired lol
Narelle
57 posts
I use copper shampoo's and conditioning treatments to keep my colour. I am always SO careful, but I always seem to make the bathroom look like I killed an Oompa Loompa!
Hippygal
18 posts
Yip I do the mascarra trick all the time, one of the worst was washing myself with body lotion instead of gel and then after doing it a couple of times rung up the company and asked if they had changed there ingredients, when she asked me to check I had used the right one, the shower gel, went and checked and whoops it said it was body lotion, well they did look alike lol. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!