Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Absence from BR

28 posts, 21 members
chikoboo
3402 posts
I have just come through the horrid cold/flu and so for the last week I have barely been on BR but now I'm back catching up I'm feeling like a new born Bambi trying to find my feet lol. Damn I missed BR so much and the list of items I have to review now omg forget about it lol.

Got me thinking though if you can't get onto BR for whatever reasons do you get withdrawals like me :)
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I have yet to have an extended absence from BR thankfully, but I imagine I would get bad withdrawals!
Macs
5351 posts
One time I went down to Levin. I had used up all my data. I had the mean withdraws. The first thing I did when I got home was check BR! Hope your recovering well from your flu Chikoboo.
Yes!  Definitely get withdrawals.  Pleased you are finally on the road to recovery as well. x
trudijoy
8375 posts
BR is on my phone... even when I was overseas there was no absence lol #addict.
Marcel
335 posts
Hahaha yes I would be quite bothered if I couldn't get on BR! I don't think I've really ever been absent from it since I joined. I don't post on forum that often but I check every day what other people are talking about and if there's anything new going on in general on the site.
MareeB
5244 posts
Actually I did wonder where you'd gone Kirsty :-)
pintsize
1072 posts
Oh yes I know that feeling... even in the earlier days of BR it was like one blinks and you miss so much.  I had a week off in winter due to no power (oh the joys of being rural in a snow storm).  It was AWFUL!!!
I have also had days off here and there and I tell you I miss it so much the withdrawals are epic... I swear the first thing I do when I walk in the door is switch on the laptop... settle the kids and sign on [sigh of relief].

Now I have an app capable phone (not missing my old phone one little bit) I can look forward to the BR app with the rest of you.

I hope you are back to 100% soon Chikoboo

:)
ree_nz
247 posts
I feel your pain - I have been off BR for quite a while (only just getting back on now) after finishing a thesis! Its great to have some free time again to be able to peruse this site.
Lutece
1849 posts
Poor darling, Im glad to say I can still stalk you even when you are away from BR, opps!

But in all seriousness, I do get BR withdraws, BR and chocolate go hand in hand! Except BR doesnt make you gain weight and lasts ALOT longer than chocolate does in my household
MillXhodia
136 posts
yes! i still consider myself fairly new to the site but i visit it more often than facebook now, and when i do go on facey im checking out the BR page! haha
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Oh yes major withdraws!  My hubby knows when I am at my comp I am either talking to BR beauties or on the BR page hehe.  I am lucky that when we go away to see his sons that if I have run out of data that he has a butt load to share so I will never miss out.  He was a tad shocked at my grumpiness for not being able to access the site one day when the power was off and phones flat lol I have the BR bug baaaaad!
Kimrose
1419 posts
I cant wait to get home for my broadband and a good dose of BR. This has taken over my facebook addiction. 
SandieNZ
424 posts
So pleased you're feeling better hun x
I had a stint away from the comp and really missed BR, it's such a neat feeling to be part of such an awesome community of amazing women
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Glad you're feeling better Chikoboo! I did wonder where you had got to.

On a side note, reading through the responses - there's a BR app?! How do I get this? I currently access the website from my phone during the day and it tests my patience something chronic!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Its on the way but not here yet Saird x
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Ooo okay thanks doll! That makes me feel better, haha. Yay, that will be super handy once it's alive and kicking.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Oops lol new name fail...Sarah xx sorry!
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Haha I forgot I had a new one! Super cute that you remembered the old one :)

I had to be annoying and update it to match my Instagram, first and only change!
charly
456 posts
I had a couple of days away a couple of weekends ago because I was visiting family with my 3 month old, but without my husband, so I was parenting 100% of the time (and cleaning up sick on my own at 5am ;( ). When I got back on here I felt like I had missed so much in such a short time!
ragingfrog
1289 posts
When my lap top was stolen, we had issues. Issues that did not include waiting for insurance and going and buying a tablet to get my fill. Got the new lap top 2 weeks later, brother got the tablet.
Mila
1209 posts
haha yes I get the same feeling, I have a little bit of a panic like I will have missed out on so much and will never catch up on everything I missed :) x
First Lady
957 posts
Mila - the colour of that scarf is AMAZING on you!

That is all.

xox
Mila
1209 posts
Thanks BRNatalie :) x
Cesy
162 posts
BR has very quickly moved into the top 2 of my most visited websites on Chrome! I definitely had withdrawals over the weekend while I was away but I got some real life BR in when the lovely KirstyJ and I had brunch on Sunday then did the shops in Dunedin.
pintsize
1072 posts
I have just submitted my first review in FOREVER lol 
I have to admit I have missed writing so much and having been to a new Salon recently has been the kick in the behind that I needed.

Now to catch up on some site happenings... so much has changed!
shazatron101
5112 posts
ooooooh pintsize i have missed your pretty face round these here parts! <3
pintsize
1072 posts
Naaw thanks Shaz xx Loving your profile pic!! Missed your gorgeous face here too
I doubt anyone realised I was not here but still nice to be back :) Its amazing how much has changed.
next step: more reviewing

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!