Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

My experience with Japanese beauty brands

12 posts, 8 members
MaddiPham
85 posts
Japan has almost everything. Once I was lost in one of the biggest malls in Tokyo for half a day and ended up finding a small plate that prevent  girls' SNORING ( by putting it under the neck when you're sleeping). It's kind of off-topic here but this story somehow shows me how being elegant is important to Japanese girls. So are their make-up and beauty products. 

Skin care
My favourite brand, along with Shiseido is 
[color=#545454]Kaneb?[/color][color=#545454] [/color]. They have best sunscreens, very light and smell amazing. The Sensai line is also famous for anti-aging products. But I'm sooo impressed with the Kanebo treatment lip colors. They come in 10 different vivid shades with amazing moisturising. 
(image courtesy of Karla Sugar)

2. Mascara and eye lashes
Most Japanese girls use eye lashes, that's why they have the best range of eye lashes ever. From thick to thin, upper lash to lower lash. I am sure you can find a suitable type for your eyes no matter what shape and size. My fav is Dolly Wink

As Japanese make-up is all about natural, doll-like and cute looks. The mascara is more about length and curliness, unlike some volumisation Maybelline ones. The most popular must be Kiss Me Heroine by ISEHAN. This mascara comes with a make up remover mascara of the same line. It has major staying power!

So, have you ever tried any products from Japan? Those with few English words on the packaging? What do you think?

Nzjersey
7 posts
Hi, whilst I personally don't have much to do with Japanese brands I think you have made a interesting post! Thank you for showing me some of the products they do have an d explaining the culture of make up in Japan. :) 
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
MaddiPham Oh this is such a great read, thanks so much! What was the mall in Tokyo like? I bet it was amazing.

I have wanted to try that mascara for ages - just the packaging alone makes me want it hahaha. That cracks me up that you found a plate that stops girls from snoring - I kind of want one to see if it'd help my bf... hahaha.

I love Asian culture and beauty - it is always fascinating to read about what is in there and to see pictures. I recall seeing a FRUiTS exhibition and I was instantly hooked.
Lutece
1849 posts
I need a plate under my pillow to stop me from snoring hahaha~~
Oh those lipglosses are wonderful!

MaddiPham
85 posts
thanks sweetie jessickaxnz. I bet you'd love the malls in Tokyo, the most crowded ones are in Harajuku and Shibuya. There's also a place called Ameyoko market where you can find affordable brands.
If you are interested in trying Kiss Me Mascara, ebay has some trusted Japanese sellers. But I gotta warn you this mascara stays forever and it's best to use the same line's make up remover =)
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
MaddiPham Oh man I would die to go to Harijuku. Argh it all looks insane and amazing. Oh - thanks heaps for that tip - I will def. get the remover when I eventually buy the mascara, thanks!! xx
kayxcake
422 posts
I have tried Dollywink lashes but I didn't like them as much :( maybe I have no taste in falsies hahah cause 99% of Asian girls who wears falsies loves Dollywink!  I love all Canmake products and I want to try CandyDoll!
MaddiPham
85 posts
Well I'm not that big fan of falsies either kayxcake. I used Dollywink few times for my lower lash, soooo cute and dramatic too. 
kayxcake
422 posts
Till now I have no idea how to properly put on bottom falsies lol I tried learning it from youtube tutorials but it doesn't work! I love falsies just not bottle ones, I have recently bought a 3 Concept Eyes one from roseroseshop and I love it! looks so natural and perfect!
ieseon
67 posts
Wow thanks for the information, I was really into Japanese makeup before but I haven't really used their products except for Shiseido.  I want to try some dollywink eyeliner! I do have tried a few of Korean products because I love their BB cream.
gaijinchick
147 posts
Looooove Japanese beauty products!  I lived in the Tokyo area for a number of years and it's where my love of fashion and beauty products developed. :) 

Totally agree with you that Dolly Wink lashes are great; huge variety of them!  I find that they aren't always long enough for me though.  Been meaning to try the bottom lash ones, but I'm sure I'd stuff it up somehow. ;)

If anyone is in Auckland, check out the Atrium on Elliot mall.  There are a few shops in there that specialize in beauty products from East Asia, especially Japan and Korea. 
nemesisroxx
506 posts
Those swatches look amaaaze!!! Love 101!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!