Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Eyeliner woes

9 posts, 8 members
idomakeupnz
150 posts
Hello lovely people ^-^
I am getting back into winged liner and am having trouble with it transferring onto my upper crease (damn slightly hooded eyes). I am currently using Wet n Wild Mega Eyes creme liner and I love it, it's super black and creamy, easy to use and I've had it for so long and it still hasn't dried out - but it's just not worth the annoying trasnferring /: Do any of you have this same problem or have a product you recommend?
I prime, use a powder to set it etc etc. Maybe a waterproof formula would be better?
What do you guys suggest?
brushandbullet
395 posts
I have hooded eyes too! One hooded, the other kind of wrinkly half-hooded. I've been having good experiences with the BYS three-way and the 1-day tattoo liquid liners. The 3-way one has more of a matte finish, while the 1-day tattoo is slightly shiny. Both last on my waterline and don't seem to transfer onto my lids when I blink after application.
Courtneyb
45 posts
I have the same problem.. If I use any of my gel liners or liquids I get smudgy transfer in my crease. I've found one of the max factor felt pens works but they aren't in the nice colours the gels offer. Only thing I can think to combat it is to apply the eyeliner then move to lips so I'm looking down as the eyeliner dries.
ChristieMJ
358 posts
Try a setting spray? You could even spray some directly onto a brush and pat it over the liner once dry :) elf and nyx make great affordable setting sprays or if you want to splash out try the urban decay or skindinavia ones!
I have the exact same problem! Normally I apply my liquid eyeliner and wait a bit for it to completely dry so it doesn't transfer. But no matter what I do, after a few hours of wear the black colour starts to transfer on to the upper lid. I am starting to think us hooded lid girls may have to live with it :(
idomakeupnz
150 posts
Thank you for all the suggestions!
I am absolutely terrible with applying liquid eyeliner but after reading online it's sounding like the better option as it doesn't transfer as easily as gel/creme.
I use the NYX setting spray currently and I own the ELF one so I wil try putting it directly onto the liner, I never thought about that!!I loathe having hooded eyes so hopefully I find something that works, it doesn't transfer because it's not dried it transfers like and hour after applying ugh.
Seza95
175 posts
I have the same problem too! I have started putting a dark eyeshadow on top of my eyeliner to set it as I have not setting sprays at the moment :)
neninoir
210 posts
You could try using an eyeshadow in the same colour as your liner over top as this helps to set the gel liner and makes it last longer. 
cushlaH5
178 posts
those darn hooded eyelids! lol i have the same problem :( im using the elf liners and i just leave my eye closed for a little until its dried. ive kinda just gotten used to it and i dont close my eyes properly until its dry haha

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!