Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Brush for applying concealor in the under-eye area?

13 posts, 11 members
Nishu
374 posts
I'd like to know what tools you guys use for applying concealor to your under eye area? Any specific brush? fingers? Cheers

Nishu
www.lipsnberries.com
LisaE5
447 posts
I personally just use my fingers and the brush to apply the concealer. I apply with the brush and then distribute with my fingers, I find it a lot easier than brushes.
ohlovelynicole
191 posts
I used to just apply concealer under my eyes with my fingers but I've recently started using the Real Techniques foundation brush (with orange handle) to apply and pat out my concealer. It works really well and I don't feel I'm being rough whereas sometimes I feel as if I'm tugging a little too hard with my I fingers, bad I know :( 

xjayloux
900 posts
I have to make a comment that you have to be so careful with the skin under your eyes when concealing as its so delicate!

I use a foundation + concealer brush from Farmers, just one of their cheapy brands.. I dont actually use foundation brushes anymore, but this duo brush is rather convinient for concealing big and small areas and providing you keep it clean its delicate enough to use too!
lenarose
313 posts
I use a tiny little brush from artiste by manicare - you can get it at most Farmers and pharmacies, it works nicely. Most important thing is making sure the colour matches.
hughes_dre
229 posts
I'm starting to collect the entire Real Techniques range, they are amazing.  I have issues applying concealer under my eyes also and I find their Detailer Brush is like a magic wand.  It's small, soft so it doesn't stab you, and gets in the 'hard to cover' places.  You can buy these super cheap off Amazon so I would absolutely recommend their brushes.
Cat
474 posts
I tend to just use my real techniques buffing brush (which I use for my foundation too) to pat it in, but will softly blend it in with my fingers too. The deluxe crease brush fom RT is fantastic for concealer too tho, which comes in their eye brush set. I wish they sold them separately! 

I came across cheap real techniques brushes on a site called iherb, anyone used this site before? 
lashestodiefor
23 posts
i normally just use my fingers or the thin lizzy concealer brush, however their concealer itself is far to heavy for me :-( i have a maybelline concealer that has a sponge tip on it that is an awesome concealer but the aplicator is awkward as its hard to only apply a minimal amount! 
xjayloux
900 posts
@lashestodiefor miss spoon.. You should get a nice soft concealer brush, ill help you find one =)
hughes_dre
229 posts
@ cat you can find cheaper on Amazon - and if you buy enough of them (I think over $25) you get free shipping.
Narelle
57 posts
I tend to use my fingers and dab lightly. If I do use a brush it will be my foundation brush (which is the Real Techniques Contour Brush), or alternatively a small blending brush like the 217.
Kiwianna
6 posts
I know I should probably use a brush – but I use my little fingers. I dot a little concealer where is needs to go. I try to dot / blend to prevent rubbing my eye area.
I also start from the outside and work in- I’m not sure if there is any difference, but it feels like I’m being “good.”

tanitaandtia
144 posts
pleeeaaase remember if using your fingers to use your ring finger or pinky as they are much gentler on our delicate eye skin! i use fingers to pat and ecotools concealer brush if i need to blend out abit 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!