Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Do you keep your cosmetics in the fridge?

14 posts, 12 members
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Today my best friend shared a photo in group chat of a cosmetic shelf in her fridge! She didn't know it was there.
I know recently there was an article about it on Beauty review but this really got me thinking! Do you put anything in your fridge? If so what and why? And does your fridge have a special shelf? With my friends permission I will upload a photo onto the photo wall of her 'cosmetic' shelf in her fridge!
tannygirl
3392 posts
I would like to stock a few more items in my fridge as we head out of winter but when you have a large family using one fridge I can't really claim any part of it to myself or leave stuff there and hope no one will use it. I did use to store some Lush massage bars in th fridge which left my brother dissapointed for a couple weeks as every time he saw the container he thought of expensive cheese but alas it wasn't. I did use to store my cheap polishes in the fridge years ago but considering how cheap and poor quality the polishes were it didn't make much of a difference in their consistency.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Nail polishes shouldn't be stored in the fridge, as the colder temperature can cause it to thicken or become "sluggish" making application a little more difficult and possibly streaky.  Most nail polish formulas these days are designed to be stored at room temperature (away from direct sunlight), where they'll be the right consistency for easy, fluid, streak-free application.

trudijoy
8375 posts
I keep my Black Robin mist toner, my Lush Sweetie Pie jelly and facemasks, and (currently) my eyeliner in the fridge.

An aunty years ago used to keep all her nail polishes in the fridge, but she was cray cray.... so i wouldn't trust her judgement.
Macs
5351 posts
Atm it's Lush face masks. Just to keep them fresh. I haven't tried nail polish in there yet. 
Kimrose
1419 posts
I keep my fresh Lush face masks in the fridge, as per the instructions on the pack.  I dont have anything else as far as make up goes in there.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
The only cosmetics I do keep in the fridge are: 

- eye cream (it seems to reduce puffiness more when it's cold) 
- a reusable gel filled eye mask
- after sun lotion 
- Aloe Vera gel (more soothing when it's cold) 
- my hubby's tooth whitening gel kit

These are all stored on the top shelf of the fridge door, as it has a lidded compartment and is high enough so that visitors kiddies can't see or reach it. 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I don't currently. But I currently have about 14 organic/natural lip balms on their way so I'm thinking of storing them in the fridge to preserve them.
The only 'cosmetic' I keep in the fridge is Aloe Vera and After Sun care  :-)
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Only open sachet masks to keep them fresh all year round. In summer I also keep just water in  a spray bottle, face wipes, massage bars and occasionally eye cream.
Kandace
13 posts
The only cosmetics that I keep in the fridge are my Lush face masks. I have never ever thought to put anything else in there :)
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Personally I don't store anything in the fridge. Forever back. However I used to keep nail polish in there. I will pop my crayon type eyeliner in the fridge for a wee bit to harden it
Artemis
311 posts
Dont know if this is weird logic or not but I feel that keeping makeup in there would be exposing it to moisture and dampness (I feel the same about keeping it in the bathroom)? Personally I'd probably forget to use it!
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I don't keep anything in the fridge either.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!