Now my skin is like the fussy 5 year old that only eats chicken nuggets. It's ultra sensitive and gets irritated at almost everything. I had read a couple reviews on this and didn't see any mention of people getting hypersensitivity or break outs from this, so I didn't even bother patch testing. BIG MISTAKE
This was the perfect scrubby consistency for a facial exfoliater, the charcoal did seem to draw out the toxins from my skin. And then I tried it as the leave on mask, and spread a generous amount over my whole face. It dried completely within 10 minutes and during that time I could talk without feeling restricted. Then I washed it off and used a soft flannel to make sure it was all gone. I felt really clean, like all my pores had been unclogged and the dead skin was lifted off my face.
But the next morning I woke up with lots of little bumps that developed into full blown pimples throughout the day. which itched and felt hot. Really sad because I wanted to love this and it felt so good when using it. By the sounds of it I'm the only one that's hit such a major hypersensitivity reaction too. I guess be cautious if you've very sensitive skin, but it would be a great scrub for those without such picky skin!