Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

What are you melting today?!

28 posts, 12 members
shazatron101
5112 posts
Wax melts I mean! If I have a one true obsession that isn't Lush it's wax melts :-P Today I'm burning - Zen Garden from Scentsy, Cactus Lily from Scent Chips and Cranberry Bellini mixed with Vanilla from Aroma Addiction (who will forever have my heart!). All in different rooms of course! So what are your favorite melts? What's your favorite brand? 
MareeB
5244 posts
I don't really do melts Shaz, someone gave me some but I don't know what to do with them. Do they go on the top of your burner? I've always been more an oils and incense kind of girl :)
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I've never really tired melts, I too have used oil burners more. I like a lemon scent best, but lavender can also be really nice. In a melt I think I'd like to try something like mango or orange.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Yup Maree, you just pop it on top of a tea light burner and light the tealight and away it goes! It's just like a candle but lasts only for as long as the tealight does - but you can replace the tealight ;-) 
Oooh Crystal I love lavender! Has to be done well though, otherwise it smells like toilet haha
MareeB
5244 posts
Ok I'll give it a shot Shaz! I don't know what the melts are, but they're pink with an amazing smell and they came in a drawstring bag - very cute.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Yes Maree do it!! Become an addict >:D I can't wait to hear what you think. I have half a mind to convert you to Aroma Addiction by sending you some of my stash hahahahaha I will convert everyone >:D
MareeB
5244 posts
Ok, the smell is delicious. It had 'beautiful' written on the bag so maybe they're fragranced with Beautiful by Estee Lauder? mmmmmmm
MareeB
5244 posts
Hahaha that's funny Shaz, maybe I will become an addict! I've had those melts in my drawer since a lady who left our workplace gave them to me about 3 years ago :)
shazatron101
5112 posts
3 years!? and they still have scent!? That's amazing!! I'm impressed haha
trudijoy
8375 posts
after travelling most of the day, i'm just melting brain cells.

I might light my Glasshouse candle though
MareeB
5244 posts
I reckon, and they smell fab in the drawer as well :)
shazatron101
5112 posts
Not the brain cells Trudi!! Though you did just fire out 2 new threads so you can't be melting them that fast ;-) What candle is it!? do tell...
Ooh Maree I bet they do! I put Lush soap in my drawers though ;-) 
trudijoy
8375 posts
lol shaz i long ago developed the ability to fake braining when i'm not really braining.

I'm 1/3 of the way through my Rio de Janeiro one <3
tannygirl
3392 posts
I'm not currently burning anything (my door needs replacing so it won't lock when I close it if I'm not in the room) but I did order the nest warmer bundle from Scentsy and that came with the Blueberry Cheesecake, Braeburn and Strawberry Rockmelon Scentsy bars. What's your favorite Scentsy recommendations Shaz? At some point I will need to get some more wax melts. Do you have a preference for florals, baking sort of scents, fruity scents or fresh scents, etc?
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ooh Trudi that candle sounds nice!
Tannygirl, I'm only a newbie to Scensty haha but I tend for more fruity florals than food smells, food smells do nothing for me :P 
My favorite scents so far are Pink Haze, which is a super sweet kind of smell, like candy and berries and sugar haha it's just awesome. My other favorite is Southern Evening which is supposedly a lavender smell, but it's quite musky too and on the more manly side (but still very nice!). I haven't tried a lot but those are my two favorites at the moment! 
Macs
5351 posts
Oh Im yet to jump on the wax melt band wagon. They sounds so nice. I really wanna try it someday.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Ooooh...gonna write down Pink Haze for consideration when it comes time to order again.  Thanks Shaz. I haven't really decided what sort of scents I like when it comes to burning stuff but I have been opening candle lids to sort of let the scent out. And I have found that in the evening before bed I prefer sweet scents like vanilla and stuff like that. But during the day I like florals and fresher scents. 
-Bex-
611 posts
I currently have scentsy, blueberry cheesecake going oh my word it's amazing and fools anyone that comes to the house into thinking I have just baked something delish mwahaha 
Arohas
77 posts
I do enjoy the scentsy range. Lucky in love is beautiful tannygirl.
Scentsy is great!  I was lucky enough one of my great friends brought me a Scentsy burner and some melts to get started.  I am burning Sugar Cookie tonight.
pintsize
1072 posts
Ooh nice thread <3
I just changed out my Scentsy warmer from Pink haze to Black raspberry and vanilla <3
and I am already pondering adding some sugar cookie to it [sigh] <3
Shimmer is another one of my favorites but I am getting low in that one so I am saving up the last of it until I restock :D
shazatron101
5112 posts
Haha Pintsize I can't stand that smell eh! Aroma Addiction make one but I just cannot deal with it, it hurts my face :< Pink Haze on the other hand *heart eyes* thats my faaaavvveeeee!!!
Artemis
311 posts
Mmmm they all sound delicious! Eying up those Scentsy electronic warmers right now
pintsize
1072 posts
lol, oh I know it's one that get's you cringing Shaz, I do still love it though <3
and Pick haze and shimmer do beat it hands down.
Artemis you can't go wrong with the scentsy warmers... there really is something for everyone.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Sticky Cinnamon Bun by Scentsy. I'm really impressed I put a cube in my warmer last night and I could smell it last night and then still this morning. I opened the window to air out my room like I do every morning and I could smell the cinnamon down the hall then I closed my window and I'm still smelling the cinnamon. It's not as strong as it was last night but one cube still giving off scent over 15 hours later - impressive!
trudijoy
8375 posts
I put some Aussie plum Scentsy samples in with what was left of the Bossy caramel one. Smells good!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yankee candle tart in Clean Cotton. And yes, it smells like washing fresh off the line. I've been melting it for much longer than the eight hours it's supposed to last but I can only smell it close up. I find this is the same with any scented candle or melt (and even bath bomb) though. After the initial rush, my nose gets used to them and I can't smell them anymore. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Mmmm cinnamon buns, I might get my bake on to make some!!
Trudi that sounds yum! Plum and caramel.. mmm yum! haha
EE Soozie I love the smell of cotton ones! so good

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!