Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Serious skincare help needed please!!

6 posts, 6 members
Max01
4 posts
Hi Ladies!
I am hoping some of you can give me some serious help please!
My current skincare 'routine' is just not cutting it, and having just turned 33, I need to get serious about my skin.
My skin is just horrid to work with. It can get pretty oily, and I am prone to breakouts but I have to be super
careful about what products I use as my face can break out in eczema quickly (within a day or two of
using a new product). I also have A LOT of blackheads on my nose, and a lot of enlarged pores around my nose/cheek area.
Currently, for my so-called-routine I use Protex Gentle soap as a cleanser ("OMG SOAP!!" I hear you all scream in horror!) I do this because all the other cleansing products I have tried causes me to get eczema.
A girl I used to work with years ago had severe acne, and her Dr told her to use it. It cleared her skin up magically, so I figured I would give it a shot. I can say that in the last 2 years of using it, I have had no acne apart from one or two spots around that time of month. I then follow that with Olay sensitive moisturizer. That is it. Not great I know, but I've stuck to this because it is what has worked for me, and not caused eczema while controlling breakouts. It's just not cutting it on the pores/blackhead front though.
I would love some recommendations on what products to use which will help reduce pore size and eliminate the blackheads, while keeping my skin acne free and not cause me to get eczema. Haha...big ask I know, but if anybody is going to be able to help me it will be all you awesome ladies in the know!!
TIA :-)
Imoshen
461 posts
Samples, samples, samples!

Completely changing your skin care routine is not a fun experience.  You need to be patient and introduce one product at a time so you can eliminate when one upsets your skin.

Avoid any skin cleansers with Soduim Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate.  Avoid anything with Oxybenzone.  These are both skin irritants and will upset your skin.

I suggest a foaming cleanser but if Protex works for you, why not keep using it?  Maybe you need to look at your moisturiser? 

I would highly recommend the Trilogy skincare range or Moreish but as I said, get samples first and any Sales Assistant will be more than happy to give them to you.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
My skincare also wasn't working as well as it used to and I got Moreish products in a beauty subscription.  I am in love with them and have seen a visible difference already.  I use the Argan Oil and mix it with either one of their moisturisers (so far have only tried the day moisturiser) or I use Lush Vanishing Cream which is amazing and has done wonders for my skin too. 

I contacted Moreish on their facebook page regarding how I was in love with their products and asked if they had samples for me to try.  Just got some in the mail yesterday but haven't had chance to try them (will let you know how they go).  They sent me Cream cleanser, night cream and day cream and although the sample sachets are small, looks like you get enough in there to try out for a few days.  They are very happy to send samples out, you just need to send them a private message and ask for them to send some out.  Give it a go, you might fall in love with them like I did (and I'm really fussy lol)

Hope that helps :-)
Rachael17
29 posts
I would recommend Cetaphil cleanser as this is suitable for very sensitive skin.  I suffer facial ezchma during the winter months and this helped a great deal.  I use Hemp Face Perfector from the Body shop as a moistuiser on my dry spots and Karen Farley as an all over moisturiser.  
Hope this helps!
tannygirl
3392 posts
  Oasis Beauty makes a really good cream for eczema called Rhino Repair that can be used on the face and around the eyes too. If you go to their site you can request three free samples to be sent to you for free. They also have a range for oily skin that's free of chemicals and nasties. If you have problems with pimples and oily skin I would recommend looking into the Oxygen skincare range for teens. It's made for problematic skin, it's natural and since it's marketed for teens it's much cheaper. I use their cream cleanser and I've used their vitalizing moisturizer and it's light but hydrating. I think they also have a gel for pimples and stuff like that too but I haven't tried it yet. I hope this helps.
Tia (or is it Max?) you've described my skin to a tee! I finally got on top of my skincare this year after spending HOURS on Caroline Hiron's blog (check her out: www.carolinehirons.com) - she's a well known skincare guru in the UK).  After hours, no, days, on her blog I have landed on a new routine... It's a bit long winded, I'll admit, but I love it, and my skin is thanking me!Morning routine: Cleanse, tone (with a hydrating toner), anti wrinkle cream, serum (sometimes), moisturise (and then sunblock in summer)Night routine: Cleanse, tone (with exfoliating toner), anti wrinkle cream, serum, night cream.Products:* Cleanser: I now  use Cetaphil cleanser which she recommends and I now recommend this to everyone!  Before Cetaphil though I use a pre cleanser (I use Clinique's Take The Day Off Balm, which Caroline also recommends. This is a must for me as I wear a full face of makeup every day and my cleansing routine wasn't getting rid of all the makeup...)* Toner: To sort out my clogged, englarged pores I got Clarins Gentle Brightening Exfoliating Toner (from Strawberry Net, this isn't available in NZ).  This is excellent and my pores are significantly less blocked. I use this once a day - usually at night, in the morning I use a hydrating toner (currently Sukin)* Serum: I now use a serum, or a balancing oil (I like Clarins Face Treatment Oil - the one for oily skin). Oil on the skin? It makes my skin less oily... Who would have thought!* Moisturiser: I also love Moreish (I was lucky enough to be sent a bunch of this to review on my blog by Moreish!). I adore their day cream light (which is for dry skin). I reckon it's the best moisturiser I've tried.  Night time, I use Moreish Night Cream.All in all, my skin has never been so good, no more zits, I'm rapt.  And, this is a big call: I reckon I've wound the clock back. Whoop! Hope this helps :) Definitely check out Caroline Hirons! 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!