Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Your go to nail polish colour/formula/brand

18 posts, 16 members
1139 posts
I was doing my nails earlier and my reasoning behind the polish I chose (OPI liquid sand in Tiffany Case) is that the polish is quick to apply (today I've been at work, drove around the city, studied, etc) and it looks great even when it's smudged. If you haven't tried the Liquid Sand polishes you need to!!

Do you have a go-to for nails? Maybe a polish that always looks good no matter what, or a polish that you gravitate towards a lot? And what's your reasoning behind choosing a shade?
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Models Prefer! I got an 18 colour kit from them before Christmas and the colours are B - E - A - U - T - I - F - U - L! They cover most of my bases in terms of what colours I want, especially the pastels. On the other hand I also love love love the one LA Colors nail polish that I have and I think if I buy more they will end up being my favourite line. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
One polish I can't stand is actually the liquid sand! Haha. The feeling annoys the hell out of me and I rub my fingers over it and just want to peel it off. I like it smooth hahaha :P Sally Hansen is yet to fail me, and with their new miracle gel range whatever it is, I can use the top coat with any polish and it lasts ages without chipping. Loooovveee
BeautyCutie
130 posts
Anything by Essie or ChiChi! I don't know what it is, but those formulas are fantastic! The polish always looks great, and they're so darn affordable. 
Macs
5351 posts
I haven't tried Essie yet. My favourites are Sally Hansen, OPI and Orly. I love these brands because I can do water mabelling with them. 
MareeB
5244 posts
I don't wear nail polish very often but my current favourite is Orly :)
Marcel
335 posts
The OPI liquid sand polishes look really cool Elana, but looks like it would be hard to remove? My Sally Hansen polishes are the best over all the others, OPI is a favorite too.
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
I always thought I would be an OPI only girl, but I discovered Mavala polishes about a year ago and have only used those since. They have a lovely selection of colours, the formula is amazing and you pay $10 for a smaller bottle, which suits me well as I never even got half way through my OPI bottles. Mavala don't do 'out-there' shades like OPI though. xx
kirstyj
1732 posts
I've just done a big clear out of nail polish and went from 38 to 12 (plus a top coat). I found in my slimmed down collection that I have ended up with mostly Essie polishes. I also have one China Glaze in Ruby Slippers which is my fav toe shade and a couple OPI.
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
Aside from a couple of Maybelline I think polishes my polish stash is totally orly and opi - pretty much because I can get them at wholesale price lol so I don't feel so bad at buying 5 at a time.
1139 posts
Liquid sand is definitely one of those polarising love it or hate it types. I didn't like it at first because I just found the texture too odd, but now I love it! I don't even put a top coat on it now, I just leave it all sandy feeling. I can definitely see why people don't like it though. It reminds me of soft sandpaper. 

And no it's not very hard to remove! A little more time consuming than a regular polish but definitely not as hard to remove as a full-on glitter polish.

Kirsty - China Glaze's Ruby Pumps is probably my all-time favourite nail polish. I wore it on Christmas day and so many people commented on how perfect it was for Christmas - but I would wear it any time haha
tannygirl
3392 posts
 I haven't bought nail colors in a long time because I don't always use them up but for nail treatments, base coats and top coats those are used in every manicure so I don't mind splurging on those. I usually gravitate towards Sally Hansen but I have tried one Orly Nailtrition and really liked it and recently bought an Essie base coat. I think with nail colors it's whatever color I like that is on sale. I like the idea of matchy matchy and I do find myself pulling out my Priti nail base and top coat whenever I pull out the one Priti nail polish I have, but with color I'm not too stressed if the brands don't match. I would love to be able to afford more name brands like Essie, Sally Hansen, Orly and Opi one day.
Lutece
1849 posts
Oh Elana OPI liquid sand sounds like something I NEED!

I dont own many nail polish (I compensate for all the lipsticks I have) but I do have a few Sally hansen manicure ones in Nude tones, I find these ones to be fast drying and last alot longer than my $2 shop ones, I have been lusting over the OPI MATTE BLACK ONE! (WHY AM I SHOUTING)
shazatron101
5112 posts
Heh Elena, that's exactly why I don't like liquid sand!! If I wear my big baggy woolen jersey while that polish is on my nails it gets caught and drags and generally gives me the heebie jeebies haha
MillXhodia
136 posts
I'm an OPI only girl. A few days ago I picked up a different brand and I felt as if I wash cheating haha. Love everything OPI my fridge isfull of polishes but my fave is a weirdly awesome green called Uh-Oh Roll Down The Window, love it. I always use top coat too lasts so much longer
Mila
1209 posts
I actually really love the Sally Hansen gel in the shade street flair. Its a pastel lilac colour and just seems to work for me for work, it always seems to look sleek and polished on but a bit more subtle than some of my other shades :)
kaajal
27 posts
I used to be a massive OPI stand, I could look at the colours for ages and be amazed. Recently I tried out Essie though and although the formulas are similar, I LOVE the Essie brushes. Super easy to use and I feel it makes my polish go on easier!
crystalfisk282
13 posts
They protect most of my angles with regards to what colors I want, especially the pastels.

Tanning Lotions | Fake Bake

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!