Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Setting sprays

22 posts, 16 members
adelewarburton
53 posts
good morning lovelies, what is the best setting spray you've tried. I have the elf one, it's ok but am wondering if anyone has a kick a@@ one they would recommend.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I've only used one setting spray and it was the NYX Matte Setting Spray.  I found that it worked for me.  NYX also do a Dewy Setting Spray, if you're not a fan of Matte.
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
I'm a huge fan of Urban Decay's All Nighter setting spray but I also like MACs Fix Plus. I've also used a Tony Moly bunny setting spray that I didn't like (it was too perfumed). 
Rezee
1964 posts
What do you want it to do? I'm a big fan of setting sprays but with my dry skin, I like them to just 'dewy' up my skin more than actually setting everything in place. ?I haven't tried anything highend before. I like the Australis one (It has a very heavy rose scent which I love but you may not like if you don't like rose!). The elf is ok, not my fave. I am currently using the la girl one. I  think it helps prolong makeup and it sprays out really fine and dries quickly too.I'd love to try mac fix+ and any of the urban decay ones out one day!
kirstyj
1732 posts
I second the Urban Decay one it is probably my favourite, the spray is fine and it really works well at setting your makeup. Not a big fan of MAC fix+ I didn't find the spray was particularly good. You'll find plenty of reviews of both on here.

Love the sound of the Australis one Rezee! Love the idea of the rose scent.
Macs
5351 posts
Ive only tried Avon. I saw la girl being sold at postie plus. Going to pick one up for a try.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I've heard good things about the NYX one and I've also heard good things about the LA Girl one. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I really want to try the Australis one now.I have MAC fix which is underwhelming and the LA girl one which I prefer personally
Toni-Lee
503 posts
I'm currently using the LA girl pro setting HD definition spray and so far it's pretty good. Before that I was using urban decay and bossy cosmetics one.
zarajhon
15 posts
Hi adelewarburton,
I am using “Urban Decay Setting Spray” and I think it’s a good product.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I've been wondering if the Bossy Cosmetics one does the job or if it's really just more of a spray toner? I've never used a setting spray but I've had my eyes on that one.

Jcw29
20 posts
I've only tried the Australis and e.l.f setting sprays. I felt the Australis one wasn't that great, but the e.l.f one okay. Would be interested to know if there are any better ones out there too? I'm keen to try the NYX one, especially since they have a dewy finish one like someone else has mentioned on the post earlier :-) I think they are pretty affordable from memory too.
Jcw29
20 posts
Macs- What is the Avon one like?
Macs
5351 posts
Salem it lasts me up to 5 solid hours. Im hoping BR would add it to the site. I requested it a few weeks ago fingers crossed. Not heavily scented had no reactions on my combination skin.
Jcw29
20 posts
Macs- That sounds pretty good, and thats good to know you haven't had any issues with it, I have combination skin also. I've seen it in the Avon brochures a couple of times lately and was thinking of trying it out so I will, not too expensive either.
Kikikiana
52 posts
I really want to try the urban decay one,
did everyone order online?

I've used the LA girl one from postie and it's okay, i've got oily skin so need something a bit tougher!
Rajvee2588
221 posts
Lol....what should I say about this thread because I haven't try any makeup setting spray. I am alian......hahaha.
 I had sukin mist and you can use it top of your makeup. It's gives you dawy finish and nice rose water smell. I liked it actually.

macs I was also thinking to get Avon one but not sure it is good or not.
janini9
341 posts
I have Skindinavia setting spray which I think is really great. Make up lasts for hours and hours. 
Macs
5351 posts
Rajvee I never used setting sprays. I was lucky to get this in as a gift. I cant bring myself to spend big on it. I am happy with Avon spray. I wonder if they do samples for them . I would go for a cheaper on like la girl or elf. 
Rezee
1964 posts
I bought the Avon spray when it first came out. I personally didn't like it though. I can't remember exactly why now, I think it may have dried out my skin more?It is pretty cheap and is a big bottle too. The la girl is cheap but it's a super small bottle. It must only be 20 or 30mls at most. I could go check but I'm in the lounge and it's in my room!
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I've only used a couple of setting sprays and to be honest they don't make much difference and I'm not sure why, maybe I'm using it wrong.  I find it just makes my face feel wet and then my makeup then looks not quite right ha ha ha
Kikikiana
52 posts
here's a link to an older foum post!
might be helpful?

http://www.beautyreview.co.nz/forum/cosmetics/cosmetics_face/recommendations_for_makeup_setting_spray-2015-03-13

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!