Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR Shazadrinkypants101

10 posts, 9 members
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hangover cures? What's your go to? Drinky Shannon is helping Hungover Shannon for tomorrow hahahahahahaha :-p Mr Bucket will be my bff I suspect.

Also whyyyyyy do you get so freaking cold when drinking!? Shaking like the washing machine on spin cycle! Just throw ya washing at me it'll be air turbo'd in no time!
kirstyj
1732 posts
Love it!!! And love drinky Shannon!

Back when I was young(er) I never got hangovers - it was quite the shock when they kicked in. Am I allowed to say that is the worst thing about getting older? I don't really care about the wrinkles :P just the terrible terrible hangovers.

Drink some water before bed! Heaps of it. Then tomorrow send someone to get you McDonalds McNuggets and large fries with a full sugar coke :P For some reason the plain oily food always does it for me.
Kimrose
1419 posts
If you can handle drinking anything in the morning you can try some hydralyte or other kind of hydrating liquid. I always take a  couple of panadol before bed. Hope you have a great night xx
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
He he he love this thread, Hi drinky Shannon

I don't drink that often so don't really get hangovers, I usually stop drinking when I start to feel tipsy and then go for the Red Bulls (whatever you do, don't do what I did and have like 3 of them if you intend on going to bed at some stage that night/early morning).

I would usually recommend you eat something before drinking and also have a glass of water in between drinks, you'll still feel the buzz of drinking but without the hangover effect the next day (well works for me when I do drink lol)

Also make sure that you have some Electolytes on hand like Lucozade or Gatorade (is that spelt right). If you can stomach food, have some form of bread as it is known to soak up some of the remaining alcohol.  Dry toast or a gingernut are good (works for pregnancy too ha ha ha),

Anyhoo, have a great time xxx
Head Pixie
569 posts
I used to babysit for a musician who swore by two panadol/paracetamol before bed with a big glass of water. It's certainly saved my bacon a fair few times! ... Also go to bed as early as you can so you can get a good solid eight or so hours. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I've never had a hangover, apart from the one time I got drink-spiked. Physically incapable of it which is dangerous and a relief at the same time. Friends who do swear by blue Powerade, and takeaways with full sugar Coke. Full sugar Coke is also a home remedy for nausea and vomiting so it's probably legit
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hahahaha always great to plan ahead! I take 2 panadol before bed and skull as much water as I can then definately take a huge bottle of water to bed for the mega dries during the night. Also if you can eat something otherwise in the morning send someone out on a food mission. The greasier the better! I love a good greasy pie and chips or as someone mentioned maccas. Also powerade is your friend. Hope you don't need to visit Mr bucket lol.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I was in bed when I started the thread and as it turns out, Mr Bucket was my friend until 2am. Today I have no hangover, so I guess I got it all out last night!

I appreciate all the tips though, I had a large glass of water next to the bed so when I had emptied my stomach I had a large drink so something was in there next time. All liquids taste disgusting today, too.

Also, stupid spammers!!!!!
Macs
5351 posts
Normally my hangover cure is 2 panadol, A glass of berroca first thing when I wake up. Two two litre bottles of water on standby.

When my stomach has calmed down I go for plain butter toast. Any strong flavoured food will  make me sick . I go full breakfast the following day or a Boil up lol
MareeB
5244 posts
urg! I hate hangovers! A small amount of alcohol can make me really sick, and it usually takes 3 days of very little food and/or water to recover, and all I can eat is toast or bread. Yick. I really avoid alcohol these days.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!