Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Have you experienced this!?

13 posts, 9 members
I don't know if what I'm going through is intense allergies boosted by pregnancy symptoms or an allergic reaction to some bad makeup, but my eyes have been burning, turning red while the vessels swell, and layers of skin literally peel from my inner eyelids!! The whole experience is pretty darn pain and flares up once to twice a day. Maybe yall have input? 
MareeB
5244 posts
I got excema when I was pregnant that I hadn't had since childhood. The nurse I had told me that your childhood ills often come back to haunt you in pregnancy! maybe you'd be best to keep everything away from your eyes, because that sounds terrible, you poor girl!!
This is completely new to me in my history of living. I endured empatigo and asthma mostly as a child and thank God none of that has returned. If only I could take more medicines >.< but I'll try bald face for a while and see if that helps.
pintsize
1072 posts
I would talk with your midwife.  Everyone is different even through pregnancy and some things can point to other concerns and need addressing. Have you come in to contact with anything new recently?  a new perfume or skin care item? new soap?  how old is your makeup? has anything possibly expired or become contaminated?

I hope your eyes feel better soon and all the best through your pregnancy

xx
I've asked my Doc about it and he simply implied allergies, but this bad and this long?? I'm a pretty consistent chick when it comes to my products and my mascara and such has been replaced. All my blood work and tests were spotless. The allergy meds I'm allowed to have has made no improvements though. Very frustrating! Maybe it's something in my house >.< 
SandieNZ
424 posts
I can't think of what could be causing it, but I do know that I suffered from some pretty crazy things during my pregnancy.  Could be a sudden reaction to your mascara or eyeliner, or anything really?  It sounds painful so I hope you find out what's causing it soon x
Kimrose
1419 posts
Sometimes things happen only while you are pregnant. ..hopefully you can find out what is causing this irritation,  just another one of the trials and tribulations we have to endure. .good luck
Macs
5351 posts
Hi there. I would call healthline or go and see a doctor. You might need to take something to prevent your eye from being infected. If you cant cold compression and a bit of panadol. Wait for it to ease down.
Thanks for the support everyone!
Lutece
1849 posts
Ekkk allergies while pregnant is so annoying!I hope there is a way you can go about this and get it cured, I know you cant take most antihistamine medications when your pregnant, but congrats on being pregnant :) xx
Mila
1209 posts
I feel your pain :) - I'm not to sure what could be causing yours the body does some weird and wonderful things while pregnant thats for sure.  Mine has had allergy flare up's all over the show but because I have soo many allergies it could be anything haha previously I lived on antihistamines so thats been a shock to the system :)...

Hope you find whats causing it or some relief, pregnancy is for sure hard enough without the extras....exciting but !! :)
pintsize
1072 posts
Wondering how you are getting on HarvesterBabe?
Have you had any answers or breakthroughs? and importantly any relief?

I hope you are doing better

xx

itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I do know of a couple of cases of similar things, though not quite as bad. In the other cases it was something such as building works, areas with chemicals etc that were causing the eyes to react and I'm wondering if parhaps something like that has happened near you and being pregnant could make you more vulnerable to it.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!