Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

help i need to find a lippy

6 posts, 6 members
bianca_leigh
8 posts
heey i  struggle wen it comes to wearing lipstick so i just dont... i can never find a color that looks nice... but im really into the idea of finding a nude or light pink lipstick in auckland thats no expencive and instore... help thanks in advance
xxx

SandyGedge
394 posts
Hi Bianca  :)I have recently started wearing lipsticks and actually purchased some from Kmart for $4.50-$5.  The brand is BYS and there are a lot of reviews about their lipsticks on here  :)I found this brand great as it was cheap, therefore if I didn'd end up liking it etc...it wasn't a waste of money  :)Many of the wonderful ladies on here know where to get amazing products from and they are all very helpful and full of advice  :)They all helped me out when I first started with lipstick  :)Have fun starting your collectionxx
1139 posts
If you want something that's quite sheer, try the Maybelline Colour Whispers. I never used to be much of a nude lipstick person but I got to trial one of the Maybelline Stripped Nudes for BR and it is pretty great! I have 'Honey Beige' and 'Brazen Beige' and they are both great nudes for my skin tone :)
BeautyCutie
130 posts
My favourite lipsticks are by ChiChi and Revlon - both really affordable and really great quality. They also offer a lot of subtle shades in nudes and pinks, which could be a good way to start out with lipsticks :)
skingeek
537 posts
I econd colour whispers. I've just started using one in "coral tease" but it's not a pinky coral colour like you'd expect, it's more an orangey red with a shimmer. Very pretty. I normally wouln't go for this kind of colour but because it's got a really balmy consistency, it's just a subtle wash of colour with a nice glossy finish. I really like these, they're nice and balmy and feel silky on. Another one which is surprisingly very very good, is Miki cosmetics' lipsticks. I have one in the shade "summer crush" a really pretty, pearly medium pink. I bought it at Unichem in queen street for four dollars! they often have them in the sales baskets up the front :) (i went in there today and they still had them- go grab a bargain!). The colours are great, but there are better formulas out there. I tend to need a balm with this one. I also am crazy in love with Natio's "Eden" lipstick. It's a natural coloured sliiiightly browny nudeish pink, but with a really gorgeous glossy, opaque finish. I like that there's no shimmer to it. These are great and omigosh i have had this lipstick FOREVER! it's a non drying formula, much like the colour whispers, just feels nice and balmy. Longeity isn't too bad, either.So there ya have it, cheapies are often worth a shot! 
pintsize
1072 posts
I second Elenas suggestion of the Maybelline Stripped Nudes or pop down to Farmers (note forum thread about 30% of ChiChi coming up) check out the reviews on here first so you feel well informed and see what strikes you.

One thing I will say about lippys is that you might not like the colour in the tube but when it is applied it can look completely different... so don't be put off by one that you think is just not you; try something you wouldn't normally go for... you just might surprise yourself :)

And don't be afraid to ask for help... that is what the beauty counter staff are there for :)

xx

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!