Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR sort of- 100 Runs challange

15 posts, 10 members
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
It's summer and I've seen a couple of threads about gettig fit and trying to be more healthy. I absolutely hate exercise and am a sucker for junk food. So I thought I'd try and complete 100 runs, and see how long it will take. Anyone want to do it with me? Or are there any other fitness challenges that you've commited yourself to?
trudijoy
8375 posts
running hurts my damaged back, and my boobs. But i'm walking! I've been for a decent walk every day this week :)
1139 posts
I love running - I use an app on my phone to keep track of my pace and each kilometer it tells me my average speed. It's really useful with pushing me to go faster.
Head Pixie
569 posts
Elena! Good to see your face :) 

That is all. xo
-Bex-
611 posts
oooo Charmmy kitty what is this 100 runs you speak of? I haven't heard anything about this (yes I live under a rock) always keen for a challenge 
Macs
5351 posts
I hate exercise too. Im going to get on the healthy train in the new year. 
annanguyen
142 posts
@Elena: Hi! What apps do you use? It sounds like something I should have on my phone! 
I have never been a fan of exercises, hated it in fact. Recently, my husband has encouraged me to go swimming and walking/running with him. Nothing crazy, just walking/running with our dogs while trying to keep fit for the summer. I did not set goals or anything. It depends on how I feel that day and I really enjoy spending time with our dogs. 
1139 posts
Right back at you Kellie! :)

annavalli: I use mapmyrun. It uses GPS to track your run so you can look at all your previous runs within the app. I've used it so many times that I can decide my path in Hagley Park based on how many kms I plan on running lol. I bought an armband to keep my phone in when I run and it's amazing.
trudijoy
8375 posts
^^ I use the mapmywalk app and it's awesome. I imagine the run one would be as epic. Hit start, walk, hit stop, and it does all the calculations
mallomiss
569 posts
I really want a Fitbit. I think that would motivate me.
I hate exercise...
chloednz
217 posts
I love running also, am hoping to do a half marathon in early March so am building up my distance to train for that. I've been using the Nike running app, but will have to check out the mapmyrun app also. The C25k program is brilliant for begginner runners, thats how I started, and ended up hooked!
kirstyj
1732 posts
Thanks for the app suggestions ladies! I am *thinking* about starting runnning again with the goal of doing a half marathon by the end of next year... Still not sure if I'm ready to commit to the goal yet but I'll give it a good go.
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I have mapmyrun too! But for some reason my GPS automatically turns itself off randomly so often there's huge chunks missing. And I have a fitbit too (current goal is 15000 steps a day) you'll often find me just jiggling my legs or bobbing up and down on the spot lol. 
annanguyen
142 posts
@ElenaThanks for your reply about the apps. 
I have been eyeing on the FitBit, having one of that would motivate me to walk more. 
1139 posts
I have a Fitbit too and it's definitely beneficial for motivating me to exercise. It's so satisfying when it vibrates telling me that I've reached my step goal! You can choose your daily step goal - it's automatically set at 10,000 but I found that too easy so I set mine higher :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!