Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

11 posts, 7 members
kelseyfeisst
115 posts
Does anyone suffer from having open pores?

I have heard about asking for a Vitamin A cream by perscription from the DR has anyone tried one?

Also the Benefit POREfessional has anyone tried this?

Would just love to know some tips how to either make them smaller or get rid of them all together. They are only slightly open on the apples of my cheeks and have always been like that.
pixie_stylz
228 posts
I just use pore strips, im not actually loyal to one brand . I find that helps stops black heads and makes my pore smaller. also i use mud masks.
Nishu
374 posts
I've heard benefit's POREfessional is pretty good.. but it just shuts the pores.. I don't think it cures them n stuff :)

Nishu
www.lipsnberries.com
kelseyfeisst
115 posts
Oh thanks for that :)
Kellie
570 posts
Can open pores be cured?  Or are open pores just large pores?

I'm rather pore-ous and would love to just shrink them out of existence  :)
xjayloux
900 posts
I know that using a galvanic spa helps with pores, reduces them and i think would definately 'cure' the concern.
Kellie
570 posts
Just looked up Galvanic Spa on Google ... and the price ... oh my.  

This stay-at-home Mum needs to win Lotto :)
Nishu
374 posts
eeeks... lotto :) If you wish to close your pores before applying makeup.. Rubbing ice cube over them closes them :) and then makeup applies amoothly.. DIY :) But thinking of applying ice in this cold weather.. brrrr... ! worth a shot though.. let us know if it worked for you.. cheers!

Nishu
www.lipsnberries.com
LanaG
66 posts
Maybe a stupid questions, but what do you mean by open pores? are they like blackheads? sorry... not '
skin wise'
Nishu
374 posts
open pores are mostly near cheek area.. and they are not necessary blackheads but can lead to them if clogged! They are tiny sebaceous glands but some people have them bigger than others. Hard to explain! hehe
skingeek
537 posts
dilated pores are usually a result of hightened oil flow due to dehydration. These can appear as big pores, or, if more surfaced, blackheads. Make sure your skin doesn't feel tight or uncomfortable after cleasing (if yes, use a gentler products which doesn't leave it so) and use a non alcoholic toner. If either of these products dehydrate yopur skin, your sebaceous glands will over produce oil in order to compensate for the lack or water, leading to build up in the pores, and dilation. To treat existing dilation or congestion, salicylic acid will exfoliate deep within the pore (I use murad t-zone pore refining gel) and pop on a clay mask once a week to draw out the build up. Keep your skin really well hydrating to bring down the amount of oil your skin needs to produce. If you're naturally quite oily, you may need to invest in a good quality oil-free moisturiser. Make sure to hydrate morning and night, and ALWAYS double cleanse in the evening. Don't use overly harsh physical exfoliants, either, as they'll often irritate or exacerbate oil flow, aside from not actually being able to penetrate the pore. AHA's and BHA's in conjunction with clay masks are the best bet.
To really get the ball rolling, a course of microdermabrasion will suck everything up! :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!