Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Make up makeover

5 posts, 5 members
Best place to go to have your make up done so you can get all the right shades.
I'm in Christchurch but would still like to hear others opinion on this.
Have you been and done this kind of thing how did you find it?
JessB
219 posts
I'm curious as well, but for Wellington! I always see the counter ladies in stores like Daivd Jones and wonder what it's like. 
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Do you mean like paying to get your makeup done or just trying to find shades that suit? I haven't gotten a full face done by anyone but based on just foundation matching, I have to say Christchurch has a lot of space for improvement. I've tried I think Estee lauder, clinique, and also asked a Farmers assistant on what foundation might suit my skin tone. Spoiler none of them really fit me.

MAC isn't too bad, especially since heaps of people use their shade system as a guideline. According to the MAC lady in the airport I'm a NC10, which I think suits me quite well. The lady recommended me a few lipsticks too based on my skintone.

If you're ever over seas and go to a sephora store you should definitely ask them to match your foundation, or pick one that you think matches and ask them to recommend similar shades etc. My fav foundation (Marc jacobs 010) fits me perfectly, and the lady gave me a sample too. Sephora also does these mini 5min makeovers e.g. eyebrows or contouring. From memory I think it's free for all VIB?

Woops sorry for the huge ramble!
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I think some counters like Bobbi Brown and Mac give a free full face application if you spend a certain ammount on products. This is great if you're going splurge on an expensive foundation, primer or palette. I think Mecca Maxima does offer a two complimentary makeup applications and one complimentary makeup lesson for level 2 members but that requires spending $800 over the course of a year. 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Smashbox do it free. Farmers charge. I can't remember what any of the others do.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!