Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Fundraising Ideas

9 posts, 7 members
Jade
14 posts
Hey Ladies,

So I know this isn't beauty related, but what are your ideas for fundraising?

we are currently going to run an auction, as we have found out our friend has cancer, and would like to raise the money for her to afford treatment. 

Thanks.x
bronjenks
253 posts
Oh gosh, there is so many things you can do.  I would imagine the treatment your friend needs wont be cheap so you need to think BIG!!!  A cake stall is just not going to cut the mustard although, its always good as a bit of bread and butter ;-). Get hold of your local radio station and see if you can get them onboard.  Something like a car rally that maybe goes the distance of the north island can raise some good money, they can take donations and / or charge an entry fee. Also, there are websites you can set up for fundraising so people can donate online.  Fundraising dinners is another good spinner and get a celebrity chef.  You could charge really good money for something like this and include an auction as well.  

Have a quizz night and cake auction where the cakes are baked by men (not saying men cant bake but hey, its a novelty, lol).  The last one of these I went to, the cakes alone made around $1200 and there was only about 8 of them!!!

Sooo many ideas, its just comes down to how much time and work you can put into it :-).  What a blessing you are to your friend, I hope it all goes well for you. 
Kelli
73 posts
They were some really awesome ideas!! If I was you and you know any bands or DJ's I would hold an event if you can rent a location and usually there are really nice bands/ DJ's that do freebies for these kind of situations or even just heavily discounted! Good luck with helping your friend x
pintsize
1072 posts
Firstly, I am sorry to hear about your friend Jade, I hope you can raise as much as possible to help out!

Ideas are a shave-a-thon, where people donate money in order for someone to shave their head (the longer the hair the more money you should raise) also auctioning off a Shaver prize where the lucky winner gets to do the shaving.
A quiz night is always a good hit.Gather some Donated goods and hold a raffle, just be sure to have your local police draw it out of legal obligation and fairness. 
Giant Garage Sale, get friends family etc together for a massive garage sale where all or part of proceeds go to your cause. 
Set up a donations link to your facebook page with an account for people to donate to, run an article in the local paper and see if you can put up flyers/collection boxes at local stores/banks/supermarkets and gas stations... every cent grows a dollar. 
I hope this helps
Best wishes to your friendxx
pintsize
1072 posts
Another thought is a clever Trade me auction... you know like the paperclip that sold for a ridiculous amount of money :) sorry brain is mush to come up with the clever aspect ;)also what part of the country are you? just in case there are any of us on here willing to lend a hand?
shireeknight18
19 posts
Quiz night, Auction, Gala/funday, Concert. Goodluck!
funbeea
114 posts
I think one of the best things to do is to set up an online donation thing. This website is amazing. I know some freinds who have raised alot of money just from this. So you could do all the other things but always just say hay here is this aswell. ?http://fundraise.givealittle.co.nz/
pintsize
1072 posts
Jade, how did you get on with Fundraising? have you set something up where people can donate or offer items for a raffle?
tanitaandtia
144 posts
This page has been set up as well as a live auction next month :)
If any of you ladies want to/or know anyone that would be interested in donating something towards the auctions you can contact the organisers via that facebook page :)
https://www.facebook.com/jenniandnathan

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!