Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

BEAUTY REVIEW QUESTION

27 posts, 17 members
LanaG
66 posts
Often products 'pop up' on the Beauty review home page with the words 'write a review'... is it ok to write reviews on products we usually buy if they pop up on the page or only if they are  sent to us by BR?
lenarose
313 posts
I've written a few reviews for products that i use, and haven't been sent by BR, so I assume it's ok!
MissAimeeJean
267 posts
Me too! I'm guessing that is okay to do.
xjayloux
900 posts
I do it, we cant be sent every review so its good if you have had an experience with a product to post it anyway - might help someone make a decision about a product!
Supamango
12 posts
I always thought you were supposed to write a review whether BR sends you the product or you buy it yourself! Essentially that's how this website gets most of its reviews I would think, so if you've got a product that's already on the site write us a review so we know what your opinion is!!! :D
hughes_dre
229 posts
I absolutely think you should write reviews on products you've used regardless of whether you've been selected.  That defeats the purpose of this website.  The point of being here is to write your experiences with beauty products.  If it were down to only those who received items to write reviews on, there wouldn't be very much discussion because it's limited to a select number of people. I've written reviews on items I hadn't been selected for, because I've used them previously and I can recommend (or not recommend) using said product or item.  So if you have an opinion on something, by all means - share away! :)
BR-Queenie
261 posts
Hello ladies You should absolutely go in and review ANY products on the site you can, regardless if we have sent them to you or not. The more reveiws we get the more brands want to come on the site the more great brands for you to review. We've loaded up another forum under general discussion so if you have any products at home you really want to see on the site list them there and if enough people agree we'll load them up. xox  BR
tanitaandtia
144 posts
How do we find the products to review? i have tried looking in the tabs above but not alot comes up
colleencanary
764 posts
Yep I've been doing this on products I've used before since being a member. When you've been using products religiously you're able to give other ladies better insight and maybe some tricks that they wouldnt experience through just a trial period!
LanaG
66 posts
Cool bananas, Thanks guys, just wanted to make sure I wasnt breaking the rules :) xo
Nishu
374 posts
tanitaandtia.. You just go and click the various categories like skincare/cosmetics and that'll take you to all the products on the website in that category..just spot the one who've persoanlly used and write a review on it! Easy peasy ;)

Nishu
www.lipsnberries.com
tanitaandtia
144 posts
Okay thanks, that's what i have been doing :)
pixie_stylz
228 posts
And often if i miss out on a product that i really wanted. I will go out and buy it and still post the review xx
deneemac
19 posts
Whew! I was pleased to read that we can review products BR hasn't sent us,as I too have been doing a few. (Just love giving my opinion,  lol)
Another question though, if we post a review on our own initiative do we still get points? (I posted one the other day  & I notice I didn't get any points added.)
Nishu
374 posts
deneemac.. I guess you get 2 points for reviewing something you wasn't sent! People correct me if I'm wrong!

Nishu
www.lipsnberries.com

BR-Queenie
261 posts
Yup you get 2 points per forum comment (capped at 100 per month) and Dee you have been given your points for your forum contribution (they will upload overnight)

xox BR
RachelM
345 posts
I've been catching up on reviews, anything I've already got or go out and buy because of a review I've read here, I've written a review.  I also comment on reviews that I feel are great and would make me go out and buy a product.  Always nice to have feedback
RachE14
82 posts
Just a question can you be selected for more than one review at once? Or do you need to complete a review before your eligible for a new trial team?
pintsize
1072 posts
Nishu, there is a points guide on the 'About' section down at the bottom left I think if you review a product you've purchased and not sent by BR it's 15points.  Commenting on forum or other reviews is 2 points.
BR-Queenie
261 posts
Hi eveyone Yes there is a points guide in the "about BR" http://www.beautyreview.co.nz/about-beauty-review/ You can get selected for more than one trial team at once, we do try and avoid this as we want to share the love around, but it all depends on what we have available for review, what profiles we are looking for,  and how many members fit each profile. xoxo BR
Nishu
374 posts
Oh Thanks for the heads up! 15 points for product review sounds awesome xo
Cheers

Nishu
www.lipsnberries.com
pintsize
1072 posts
Oh thanks BR that is good to know, although I would feel guilty if I was selected for more than one item at a time it is good to know that lusting after two products at the same time that I could be invited for both, either or neither ;)
BarbaraMay
131 posts
I was lucky enough to be sent the Issey Miyake perfume AND the Trilogy Everything Balm...I felt like Mr Greedy and super lucky all at the same time!

I love to share my freebies with my friends and family though, especially if I find it doesn't work for me. 

Sharing is caring right BR?!
xjayloux
900 posts
I love to share too. its always so exciting getting items to play around with and test and being able to see what someone elses opinion is too! xo
BR-Queenie
261 posts
Sharing is always caring! That's why you should share how great BR is with all your friends and family! xoxo BR
BarbaraMay
131 posts
i might have to get the mummy on here...although could BR handles the 3 of us?! (my little sister is the one wooing you with the gorgeous bassett hound hahaha)

i've actually had some of my friends from the UK ask about you guys...i've told them if they want to enjoy BR they need to make the big move!!
sjaffs
17 posts
I will be passing on the skin cleanser I got that didn't work out for me.  Sharing the items around and spreading the word on the site just makes the site better all up (I think).

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!