Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Neutral Palettes?

12 posts, 7 members
Chelsea_Ruby
17 posts
Hello everyone!

I've been looking to buy a pigmented neutral eyeshadow palette for sometime now and I am incredibly indecisive about which palette I should invest in!

Has anyone tried the Lorac pro palette or the Smashbox full exposure palette? They both have matte and shimmer shadows and are similar prices- I'd love to know which one you'd reccomend if you own one!

Are there any other great neutral palettes out there that I should know about and look into?

Thanks guys! :)
Kaiarahi
160 posts
I have Urban Decay Naked, Lorac Pro and Smashbox Full exposure.  Have reviewed the first two on here so check them out. I'd recommend both, though I probably lean towards Lorac Pro. Especially if you have brown eyes! Just so buttery and pigmented. I do love Naked though, and use 'Buck' as a base for pretty much every look I do. Argh, so hard to choose lol Yet to review  Smashbox Full exposure, but I'm not a big fan. I never reach for it. The shadows are not as creamy, so they don't blend as well and the pigments are not as strong as the other two. Plus I get loads of fall out. I don't think it's listed on here yet, so I'll do a full review when the Beauty Review Elves add it. 
Chelsea_Ruby
17 posts
Thanks for the advice! I have been leaning towards the Lorac Pro because I have heard a lot of great things about the palette! I read both of your reviews which were very helpful- it was good to know Lorac Pro is great for brown eyes whilst the naked palette had shades to suit everyone. I had been wanting the Urban Decay Naked palette for a long but I decided I needed more matte colours in my repertoire so I have ruled it out for the time being (although I am still keen to get my hands on it when I can afford to!) I think I'm definitely leaning towards the Lorac Pro! I'll have to check Amazon seeing as you got it for such a good price from there! :)
Kaiarahi
160 posts
?No worries! They are both awesome palettes, you wouldn’t be unhappy with either. But for mattes, Lorac Pro is so the way to go, Naked is heavy on the shimmer.

I am lusting after a few palettes at the moment, Naked 3, Vice 2 & Too Faced Chocolate Bar. GIVE ME ALL THE MAKE UPPPPSS. 
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Kaiarahi - omfg, I want the Chocolate Bar palette toooooooooooo it looks sooooo gorgeous.

chikoboo
3402 posts
Yep I'm wanting to try the too faced and naked palettes pretty badly now lol.  Love my lime crime palettes, don't get me wrong but they are uber bright and sometimes a girl needs a neutral day ;)   Oh well birthday coming up, better start to leave some hints around for the hubby hehehe =)
kayxcake
422 posts
I want to try the Lorac Pro palette sooo badly! I've heard so many good reviews ~~ 
kirstysays
762 posts
I just ordered the too faced chocolate bar palette from beautybay recently. Can't wait for it to arrive, looks gorgeous!
1139 posts
I am an absolute sucker for products that smell good (which is probably why I like everything that Lush makes). I've heard that the Too Faced Chocolate palette smells just like chocolate and I'd probably buy it just for that reason! 
Kaiarahi
160 posts
Uh oh.. Beautybay have 20% off when you spend over £60.. 
They stock Too Faced & Urban Decay + ship to NZ free. 

Come at me Naked 3! 
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
chikaboo - Drop MASSIVE hints to your hubby ;)

kirstysays - I would love to hear what you think of the Chocolate Bar Palette when you get it :)

kaiarahi - Dammit, why did I have to read your post when I am broke?! :P Enjoy your Naked 3 - would love to hear what you think :)

Kaiarahi
160 posts
Should have got it when I posted, the code was working! Doesn't work for Urban Decay anymore, boo hoo.   

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!