Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Naked bsics palette...anyone tried it?

11 posts, 8 members
sarah26
33 posts
I am currently obsessed with finding the perfect matte palette. I know urban decay does naked basics, which I am contemplating purchasing.  I would love to see if any of you lovelies have tried it? Or could suggest another good matte palette? 
amberallen989
13 posts
Hey :) i have one and its nice. I wouldnt say its amazing. The white shade is shimmery also. Other than the dark brown and black the rest are very very light and dont really show up much on me. Im medium to light toned skin. I do use it but i wont be freaking out when it starts running out and needing to rush and buy a new one. Not sure if that helps x
Cat
474 posts
I like mine but have been neglecting it lately. It's great for travel being so compact.  It is handy but maybe the Lorac Pro would be better? It's half matte, half shimmery. I haven't tried it but would have more variety and you could create more looks. 
AliceS
55 posts
I haven't bought this as it doesn't scream out to me. I feel there are other palettes out there where you can get similar shades plus a lot more. I'm just not convinced that I need a palette just for basics when so many palettes have the basics you need in them
sarah26
33 posts
Thanks, I thought they looked very light too and I have purchased a ck base that I was disappointed with for that reason so good to have your opinion Amber. Ooh thanks Cat I will check out this palette.  I agree still having a bit of shimmer handy is not a bad thing! 
emzor
143 posts
I use the Basics palette daily.  There probably is better out there (I've heard the Lorac palettes are really amazing), but I've been using the Basics for so long that I don't really need anything new at the moment.  Although no doubt after writing that I'll buy a new one.

There is a colour in there (I think it's called Naked 2) that I always use for a crease colour, it helps blend any other colour easily into it.  I always use the shimmer in my inner corners and sometimes on my brow bone.  The dark brown colour is my go to outer corner colour too.

I'm glad I bought it, because I get so much use out of it, but like I said, there probably is better ones out there :)
sarah26
33 posts
The lorac pallet does look good. I also like to use a little shimmer to highlight. I have just been looking at smash boxes full exposure. It is half matte half shimmer...hmm lorac vs smashbox? 
paolapar
72 posts
Lorac pro all the way! The pigmentation is so much better on the lorac and it is sooo creamy and blendable, im just inlove with it 
Kaiarahi
160 posts
Lorac Pro! I have it, and Smashbox Full Exposure. No comparison between them, Lorac is far superior. 
sarah26
33 posts
Thanks for the feedback!  Lorac must be the best as it seems to be out of stock every where! Now I really want it!  :)
chikoboo
3402 posts
I've been struggling to make my mind up over urban decay naked palletes, lorac or smashbox, hubby said as part of bday present he'll foot the bill on a makeup haul from the states, now just got to make up my mind,  thanks for the read I'm leaning more towards lorac now =)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!