Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

The pan plan that failed

13 posts, 10 members
Kimrose
1419 posts
So a while ago I decieded to be good and challenge myself to pan products before I purchase new ones. FAIL!  Today I bought a BBBE, on friday I did an order on splash store and on saturday I went to a Loreal sale and that was the end of my pan project.  I am happy and sad, mostly happy tho.  It is really hard! How do you all go with panning?
MareeB
5244 posts
I'm doing better now I have to save for a heat pump and a trip to Sydders. I've managed to resist a bit of temptation to spend lately. I could do better with food though..much much better...bad for the budget and the waistline....anyway, I have managed to empty a few product containers lately :)
Macs
5351 posts
I just finished my $300 layby kim. Also waiting for my MIK Tony moly order. I got Katy perry perfume from Cs Factory Sale online. No more buying hopefully. 

I cut a huge huge dent in my Lush . I have no more Shower gels and body conditioners. I'm halfway through my bars of soap. I'm trying to cut through my skincare . I'm due for a cleanser . The buying hasn't slowed down but I'm making progress with panning which I'm really happy . Three bags full was achieved. Onto my fourth bag . 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I'm the same as you Macs. Although my spending is still ongoing I've managed to 'Pan' my lush collection. I am down to a few bath bombs and soaps.
While I've managed to use up a mascara I've only gone and replaced it
Yesterday I got rid of 4 eyeshadow palettes I haven't reached for since I got them and 6 single shadows I haven't touched.
I'll be doing my lippys next, give me strength hahaha. Hopefully after a cull I might start hitting pan on my most loved items :)
JessB
219 posts
To be totally honest, I'm still finding it really hard to get through my 1/3 full shampoo and conditioners that are left sitting on the shelf ... but my main struggle with those is that I went off them for a reason, so not sure whether I should finish them off or just cut my losses and buy more new.   
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I have cut back on buying makeup and I'm doing fewer beauty hauls and concentrating on purchasing other things that I needed to replace long ago but never got around to because I always had my eye on beauty sales and the next bottle of serum that promised the moon. I'm working on replacing holey socks, thread bare thermals and really old pillows that are starting to itch. 
    I panned off several of the body lotions and butters that I have had opened for a couple years and used up a couple of my mud masks and handcreams. I'm also trying to use up more of my skincare that has been opened and forgotten.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
JessB I see a few options for you if you don't want to waste them
- cupboard them for about 2 months then pull them out and finish them (this is my preferred)
- make yourself use them up now before buying new stuff.
- use the conditioner for shaving and the shampoo as a laundry/bucket soak
- if you have guests staying or kids have them use it
if they are truly awful products bin them.
JessB
219 posts
Thank you ragingfrog!! Like the sound of #1 and #3 of those options. In fact, I shall start implementing tonight, I've spent long enough doing nothing about them.
Koni
444 posts
Hahaha Kim we've all been there. Panning is just as good as beauty hauls in my opinion :-) My panning journey has been going well - with everyday use for the past 5 months I've completely panned 'hard-to-pan' makeup items - highlighters, eyeshadows and a duo blush/bronzer that seriously refused to just die! Even though I try to restrict my purchases, I really don't feel guilty about it because of how much I've panned (and rehomed).
MissQT
1547 posts
I think I need to seriously focus on a project pan as I seem to building up a lot of products and my unused box has become two overflowing boxes lol
trudijoy
8375 posts
I pan on and off and generally focus on a couple things to try and pan at one time. Atm my pan-focus items are my Lime Crime Countessa Fluorescent lipstick and TooFaced highlighter - very close with both!
Macs
5351 posts
I'm focused on panning. If I pan heaps I think I can buy more of the things I lust for . Smashbox double exposure pallette I'm working on. I've made a good dent in one colour. 
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Some things you feel you just don't make a dent in, blush I look at you. I have put a limit on myself I need tofinish reviewing all items in my bag under the bathroom sink and have them in the recycle bin before I buy more. I also have reviews that need editing before posting for which I still have packaging. I really need to stop hoarding.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!