Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Purchases to End/Limit Future Purchases

9 posts, 7 members
tannygirl
3392 posts
Since it's after Christmas and there are alot of sales going on I thought it would be a great time for this thread. What are some purchases/investments that you have made that have efficiently ended or limited the need for future purchases? Mine are:

-The Tangle Teezer Aqua Splash

Future purchases it limited the need for: deep conditioner (rarely use deep conditioner now)

Why?: It makes my regular conditioner work sooo much better it gets my regular conditioner distribute and coat my strands sooo much better. The number of times I use deep conditioner has dropped significantly from once, twice a week to maybe once a month if I remember or every other week if it's winter and my hair is dry or more static. 

- Epilator

Future purchases it limited the need for: razors, waxing strips for my legs, delipatory creams for legs

Why?: Efficiently removes almost all my leg hair. I still use razors to shave other body parts and I wax my upper lip but I don't spend on leg hair removal since I got my epilator.

- Foreo Luna

Future purchases it avoided the need for: brush heads for facial cleansing brushes

Why?: It's a one-off purchase, that the cleansing surface is silicone that stays hygienic and doesn't need replacing also gentle enough for me to use even if I have breakouts.

So what are yours and what did it end/limit the need for and why? 

Actually this might be a fun thread to show to your significant other if they buy you prezzies. If you do tell me how they reacted to this. :-)
Ringy
825 posts
I found that aqua tangle teezer very slippery when wet - I ended up with a tangle angel which has a handle like a regular brush and it suits me better for the same purpose. But I've since seen an even stranger version of a tangle brush that I'm keen to try - it seems I'm never happy with what I've got and nothing stops me buying when I don't need it! My bad. 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Nothing in particular, I've been traveling so haven't really had time to go sales shopping. Though with things like the incredible eyes box means I won't need eye products for a while.
MareeB
5244 posts
Buying so many beauty boxes has limited my need to buy anything, except deodorants and toothpaste, for a very long time! and yet here I am impatiently awaiting the next one to come out....
Macs
5351 posts
I tried going on no buys and I fail all the time . I should limit my eye shadows and focus on concealer and foundations. 
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I find if I limit myself then I can't help but see deals everywhere and need to spend. I haven't put the pressure no purchase other than getting the Beautylish lucky box (its being shipped! Squeee!!!!) I even walked out of the Warehouse, Lush and Body Shop without spending a cent since they didn't have the exact thing I wanted and nothing else took my fancy.
Macs
5351 posts
I got a second email for the lucky box at beautylish. Thought I had a second chance and it was sold out. Would love to see pics of it.  
kirstyj
1732 posts
It took me a while to think of something.

But earlier this year (or last year as it was) I purchased a Bobbi Brown brush bag as my travel makeup bag. The idea being to not purchase anymore makeup bags. It has the double benefit of making sure I keep my daily amount of products small.

So far I haven't purchased any other makeup bags, and have managed to get rid of a few more as well.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I would recommend Ethique shampoo and conditioner bars because they are the equivalent of several bottles of shampoo and conditioner. Not only that but they are free of nasties and I find I can go for a couple days more in between hair washes when I use the St. Clements bar and the Heali Kiwi is great for an itchy dandruff scalp. The conditioner bars have heat protectant in them that lasts till the next wash and this is the only brand I have tried where the conditioner outlasts the shampoo. The shampoo bars last me for many months and the conditioner bar even longer.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!