Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Naughty Naughty - so much for my spending ban

33 posts, 21 members
g1ggles2
358 posts
Just spent a few bucks on NZsale buying so lippy & eye liners & Victoria Secrect body mist
Only down side I have to wait till almost June to get them!!

Ah well - made me feel better online shopping today anyways haha Anyone else blown as no shopping ban recently?
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Ohhhhh which body sprays did you get? They all smell amazing!!!

I suck ass at my ban. Not even 24 hours after putting myself on one I bought two Lime Crime lipsticks.. and after speaking of my ban last night I was offered another Lime Crime lipstick for $23 so I bought that too :S Lol. I suck ass at bans :/ :/
Seza95
175 posts
I'm thinking I need to go on a shopping ban. Been more addicted to make up than ever since joinging BR and it's spilling out into my other wants. Just bought 2 CD's and tons of make up. I'm thinking more excessive shopping for the next two weeks. I'll let you know how I go ;)
brushandbullet
395 posts
I'm doing a no-buy for May... it's hard!
chikoboo
3402 posts
Every month I say the same thing, its the 5th and I've already caved with chichi cosmetics as they sent me a gift card and discount code for my birthday, valid only for 2 weeks so thought that was a valid reason =)
G1naz
10 posts
I have banned myself from NZ Sale now. I have found I was spending way too much, and because fo the delays with delivery I was forgetting what I had already bought and so end up with lots of similar items arriving, especially clothing and nail polishes!! Its day 5 and I have removed as much temptation as possible as have stopped the emails and tried to delete my account.
Will see how the month goes :)
Seza95
175 posts
Chikoboo, Birthdays are always a valid reason ;)
Nishu
374 posts
I was on a shopping ban for whole of last month and I'd say it went rather well! No trips to the mall meaning heaps of saving :) I guess saving up for something big (20% deposit) actually motivates you! I plan to continue the ban this month aswell!

Nishu
g1ggles2
358 posts
@jessickanz I got the 'Sexy little things Noir mist' I already love the perfume but dont own it so hoping this will tide me over

@chikoboo I agree birthdays are a vaild reason but so is the short term for the discount card, cant let it go to waste now :p

@Seza95 totes the same lol I have been buying so much more makeup & skin care since joining BR. Previously I was lucky to buy something once every 6 months
I almost finished my spending ban but then I went shopping on the weekend :( 
So I feel ya! 
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I try really hard to save but I get bombarded with good deals and read rave reviews on skincare and stuff I decide I must now have that. I do wait for things to go on sale or have a freebie thrown in but there's always something on sale that I would like or sometimes the brands I want to buy from go on sale at the same time, so I go shopping.

That's why I decided to never apply for a credit card. It's bad enough to have no savings, but a minus in my account is worse and credit is the thing that keeps you from knowing how far past broke you are. I was meant to do an order last week since I had been saving up and not spending the previous week but one of the items I wanted to include in my order was out of stock so now I'm waiting to order.
1139 posts
Every time I put myself on a spending ban, something I really want goes on sale... I've pretty much given up on giving myself spending bans! There are just so many things I want to try - I have plenty of beauty products but never use them up before buying more haha! I also have a weakness for dresses - I think I have around 30 now. 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I have tried so many times to have a no spending ban, but its so hard and I think I lasted maybe a week lol.  I'm just a spending nutter lol.  I don't smoke, hardly drink, study hard and have kids, so I think I'm entitled to have a little luxury in my life. Well thats my excuse and I'm sticking with it he he he.
Kaiarahi
160 posts
I'm on a ban starting from now! (No, seriously lol)
I was doing no spend May.. then found Lorac Unzipped for $55nz delivered. Could not resist, it looks amazing!

sunelizabeth
410 posts
I'm also on a shopping ban for the month of May. Thank god for the BR vault on saturday!
sunelizabeth
410 posts
I'm also on a shopping ban for the month of May. Thank god for the BR vault on saturday!
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Kaiarahi Omfg can I ask where you got your Unzipped palette from? I am on a ban but when I come off... >:D You will love it - a friend of mine has it and it is SO beautiful!!!
Kaiarahi
160 posts

jessickaxnz, that’s good to hear! I keep searching for swatches to swoon at, can’t wait to get my hands on it. Got it from Amazon, I’ve purchased beauty products from them before (including the Lorac Pro palette), can take a few weeks to arrive but worth the wait! 
niv-nailkeeper
97 posts
I have tried banning myself from spending on cosmetics but always fail at it. My hands itch to spend and I end up spending at least $5 in a beauty store. Should stop checking youtube, instagram, BR. Oops too late, I am already eyeing at new benefit eyeliner! Can't wait to get my hands on it. 

Niv
IG: @nailkeeper
MicheleC
419 posts
LOL! It's hard when there are so many goodies out there to try. I manage to be more of a browser than a big spender. I compare and contemplate first. Sometimes put an item on my interesting list, research, wait, then buy. My question is what to do with makeup that needs to go to makeup heaven. They are the items that were a dud (often an expensive dud at that) because they didn't live up the hype and you couldn't test them because they were in closed packaging. Some items cannot be resurrected into something useful no matter how creative you are :(
Cat
474 posts
I've been good and have not brought any makeup but I have brought some skincare items and candles... And a few sneaky clothes items. So I'm not feeling overly proud of myself! I also have a tiny Nordstrum cart lurking in an open tab after seeing a great review on the new bareMinerals foundation! 

I've been trying to keep myself occupied though with non makeup related things where I can but I think I'd have to start an internet ban too! 
pintsize
1072 posts
The only successful way I have to enforce my spending bans (self inflicted) is to not look... I don't even look at the weekly flyers that come in the mail nor browse online... because once I am there it is way too easy to add to the cart.
Shame you have to wait so long for your treats to arrive but hey if you feel better then I say it is money well spent xx
g1ggles2
358 posts
Your so right Pintsize!
Half my problem is that I go snoobing in the net for what deals are going or whats new then I just cant control myself haha
lenarose
313 posts
If I'm on a spending ban I unsubscribe or don't open sale emails and try to stay away from the mall - it's hard but neccessary!!!
Kellie
570 posts
pintsize and lenarose I need to take a leaf from your book.  I can't help but look!  A glance at onceit here, a sneaky peek at 1-day over there ... a daily perusal of popbasic (I'm in love with their latest Collection and don't think I'll be able to stop myself getting it if it goes on sale in the next 11 days!)   I am my own worst enemy  *insert eyeroll here*
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I've actually been pretty good, just one iHerb order (most of it was paid by with rewards) and one order of $15 for some e-liquid for my vapour pen lol, so technically thats not really a spend as its something I purchase all the time.  I had Memeboxes sitting in my cart, that I REALLY WANT, but can't because I have car bills to pay and its my sons birthday on Saturday and we're driving all the way down to Auckland to take him to Trampoline World (or Jump World, whatever its called), so to be honest its not that I'm actually being good, its because I don't actually have the money to spend lol.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Okay, 2 memeboxes may have actually just literally jumped into my cart and the sneaky little devils even figured out how to click the confirm order button.  Naughty corner for those little boxes when they arrive ba ha ha (oopsie daisy)
pintsize
1072 posts
Bahahaha oh Sarah.... What happened there is those cheeky little Checkout sprites; they sit and watch over your shoulder and then when you are not looking they dance over your keyboard/pad and hit confirm order...  naughty little sprites! ;)

My wee son loves mashing the keyboard and had actually hit a buy now on TradeMe (but the next step was able to be cancelled... luckily, as I had no need for a new trampoline lol... must have been on the homepage feature).

xx
chikoboo
3402 posts
Hahaha Sarah! those naughty devils lol  

I did plan to start my ban earlier than the June set out, but then the hubby was looking over my shoulder while I was flicking through FB and saw your latest haul from iherb, stating how he wanted to try this and that, oh and how he needs more protein shakes and some more of this and that....oh well if you say so dear if I must do an iherb order I think I can struggle with that mwahahaha =)
Bird
231 posts
lol chikoboo that sounds like "groceries", I don't think they count on a spending ban.... hehe!
Susilia
484 posts
I'm on the ban too for the month of May, but it drives me so mad, memebox comes out with new memeboxes each day, plus free points valid only for a few days, my gosh, what can you do with so many products, do you really need ten thousand back-up products for one thing? Because I do! And I'm wondering where I've lost my sanity, because it's crazy, it's just not normal, is that my life? What if my house get robbed or burns down? I'm holding on strong, 9 or 10 more days left and I can order something, but I really wouldn't need anything at all... Excuses to spend money are always there, but who are we trying to convince? Ourselves, because we know it's crazy...:(
chikoboo
3402 posts
Susilla I know!!! Memebox is the enemy I swear lol I just want to keep buying them said no to the latest one today but I know I'll end up buying more and more......because its the surprise I love the most and memebox is the best!!
brushandbullet
395 posts
I'm quite proud of how I've held up through my no-spend month, haha! Think I might extend it to June as well. I've bought one skincare item, which I'm not counting because I needed it, plus $15 of perfume samples. So it's not really been a no-spend, more a low-spend...

I just keep telling myself that there are always going to be amazing limited edition products and wonderful sales, so missing out on a few things isn't going to kill me. Reading beauty blogs has actually helped because I get to see reviews and pictures of new things and it keeps me from hankering after things too much. Plus I'm pretty broke atm, so that helps :P

I'm moving overseas in a few months and can only take so much with me! I'm going through the process of weeding out old things and unloved products and will only be taking my very favourites. It's going to be a nightmare!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!