Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

43 posts, 24 members
Hi lovelies. Another strange query :-) I live in a very cold but beautiful part of our country and also experience my mascara is quite cold in the morning so isn't easy to apply. In the past I have had to put on glass of warm water before use and even keeping in different parts if the house. Have you or do you also experience this frustration before work during colder months?? X
skingeek
537 posts
Yup! I pop it between my boobs while I do my hair and the rest of my makeup, and apply it last once it's nice and warm and smooth :)
Susilia
484 posts
lol
neninoir
210 posts
Haha skingeek, that made me LOL!
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
LOL that's awesome! I never heard of that before. We live in a place that has extreme heat (42 it got to!) and extreme cold (snowed in for  days) 
how about keeping in the bathroom so when you shower the room heats up?
Skingeek, that is brilliant :-)
colleencanary
764 posts
Well well... I certainly learnt a new mascara trick tonight! ;)
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ha ha ha love it, what an awesome way to warm up your mascara lol :-)
skingeek
537 posts
Haha it actually works really well in general. Mascara always goes on a little smoother if it's slightly warm and it doesn't clump as easily.
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
skingeek You are my new hero. Another use for my boobs :D Hahahaha.
MissQT
1547 posts
Haha skingeek. I haven't experienced this myself, but I have heard that when your mascara gets gluggy to dip the bottom half in hot water as it loosens it up. So I guess this is more or less the same theory.
Manda129
419 posts
Haha thats a brilliant way to warm up mascara skingeek :) will definitely have to remember that once we get down to the negatives :(
deelooc23
48 posts
I have found that in winter it gets harder to apply. I also stick it in my cleavage and do the rest of my makeup or even housework before applying my mascara. It is a lot easier to apply when its warmer.  
HouseOdBanana
350 posts
We'll that was certainly something new, but awesome! Will definitely try this one out!
skingeek
537 posts
Yup! Boobs are Best! :) with hot water you can a) make it too runny and b) risk water leaking into the tube. Your boobs just warm it nicely, and they also warm the whole tube so it's a lot more even. I do it most mornings regardless. I sometimes don't remember in time but I'll pop it in for a minute or two anyway, but it's best if you give it ten minutes or so.
skingeek
537 posts
Yup! Boobs are Best! :) with hot water you can a) make it too runny and b) risk water leaking into the tube. Your boobs just warm it nicely, and they also warm the whole tube so it's a lot more even. I do it most mornings regardless. I sometimes don't remember in time but I'll pop it in for a minute or two anyway, but it's best if you give it ten minutes or so.
Chaotic82
522 posts
I do that too!!! So glad I'm not alone hehe. 
1139 posts
Love the tip skingeek! I will have to give it a try. Plus can I add that you are really beautiful? Your profile picture is gorgeous.
sjwallisnz
39 posts
What a great tit oops *tip (soz couldn't resist)

I have never tried that before so am interested to see how differently it applies.

Thanks guys - i am loving all the great ideas i get from BR :)
skingeek
537 posts
oh haha thank you *blushes* back atcha X
skingeek
537 posts
oh haha thank you *blushes* back atcha X
sjwallisnz
39 posts
What a great tit oops *tip (soz couldn't resist)

I have never tried that before so am interested to see how differently it applies.

Thanks guys - i am loving all the great ideas i get from BR :)
HouseOdBanana
350 posts
Yay for boobies! Hahaha sorry guys I just had to say it!
chikoboo
3402 posts
Oooh I've always rolled to warm the bottle up, be ticking it in the cleavage tomorrow =)
emzor
143 posts
chikoboo You're a hero now!  When did that happen?  

skingeekThat is such a clever idea!  We all have 'em, why not use them!!!  
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Hahahaha can you imagine the look on people's faces if they see us doing this? HAHAHAHA.

chikoboo Congrats!!!!
skingeek
537 posts
hahaha I do it all the time! I casually walked around in front of a guy i was seeing with my mascara stuffed in my push up bar, he thought I was nuts lol
It'll become the norm soon, and they will no longer think anything of it.
colleencanary
764 posts
villemesic  I second that! Double yay for boobies lol
katypatatie
142 posts
Never even thought about my mascara being cold, I will now give it boobie cuddles before I put it on.
skingeek
537 posts
hahahaha "Boobie Cuddle"!
what have I started? I love it! Boobs are Best :D
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Hahahaha oh man you girls crack me up :D
colleencanary
764 posts
I think you've started a boobie revolution! New uses for our girls :)
OMG!!! I don't know why I haven't thought of this!!  Another thing that might not work on cold mornings is ghds!  If you have any of these straighteners and they beep at you furiously they are too cold to turn on.  So warm them up with you hair drier! 
OMG!!! I don't know why I haven't thought of this!!  Another thing that might not work on cold mornings is ghds!  If you have any of these straighteners and they beep at you furiously they are too cold to turn on.  So warm them up with you hair drier! 
chikoboo
3402 posts
Me? Been a hero for a few weeks now =) actually probably a couple of months time flies quickly on BR 
emzor
143 posts
chikoboo That's hilarious, I was sure your badge only turned yellow tonight
emzor
143 posts
Kristyndoeshair That happened to me and I thought my GHDs were broken!  I didn't use them for a month or so and was about to buy some new ones til my friend told me that happens when they're too cold!  I still laugh about this!!!
HouseOdBanana
350 posts
Yes! Boobies Revolution!!! Hahahaha, man you girls crack me up! What a good Friday night!
kirstysays
762 posts
I have never actually thought about my mascara being cold either...thanks for the tip :P
MrsLissy
301 posts
It really is true that I learn something new on BR everyday! I'm going to try the mascara between the boobs next time and see if it helps :) Thanks girls!
tannygirl
3392 posts
I love your idea Skingeek. The comments on here make me chuckle.
KrystleF
158 posts
Boobie Mascara Hug- love it, and so gonna try it!
CDStark
12 posts
Awesome tip! Love it! xx

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!