Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Tinted Moisturiser with "some coverage"??

11 posts, 11 members
yvettemarie
6 posts
Ladies, I am hoping you could help me....
I am on the look out for a decent tinted moisturiser which gives some colour and coverage without looking like a foundation. Easy to apply and doesnt come out blotchy so just for daily use really.

I spray tan over summer and end up with a paler face. I don't always want to wear my foundation during the day (loreal true match "golden beige" when I'm spray tanned).

I have tried garnier bb cream but I find it is very thin and just rubs off eventually (also a bit too light).

Any suggestions for a tinted moisturiser that could offer some colour to balance this out?

Thanks! xx
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I bought the Stila 24kt bronzing mositurizer off of Trademe and it does wonders for me when I want a little bit more colour, even mixed with a foundation that's too light for me when I'm tanned. Also Oasis Beauty BB Cream is amazing and so is the Skin79 BB Creams (I've found them for decent prices on fishpond). Skin79 is a Korean brand with pretty much a BB Cream for every possible skin condition ever. 
Lutece
1849 posts
For a medium coverage I recommend 2, 

matte the finish I recommend the Max factor CC cream

for a dewy finish I recommend the chichi BB cream, you can test both in farmers and they're the best I have tried for a light to medium coverage :)
I wear Dermalogica ultra sensitive tint spf30.  A tube lasts me months and feels/looks great on my skin  :-)
SandieNZ
424 posts
Not sure which Garnier BB you've used, but I've found the anti-ageing one gives the best coverage :)
Pifithrin
1243 posts
The NARS tinted moisturiser is meant to be amazing! Decent shade range too.
chikoboo
3402 posts
I would use a 'beefier' BB cream as I have similar problems with the Garnier brand with it being thin and non lasting.  Take a look through the reviews under BB creams (here) already on the site to get a broader view of what is available as I have noticed with the release of BB creams onto the market that the whole tinted moisturiser thing has slowly been in decline.  My choices though are Korean BB creams (see beautynetkorea) or Liole which is available here in NZ.  Other more easily attendable BB cream I like is Chi Chi which you can get from Farmers and Oasis Beauty off of their direct website (if you want to test they do 3 free samples on their website)
Mila
1209 posts
Personally I really love the Oasis BB Cream , its a bit heavier and thicker but a really wonderful BB cream :)
roteone
42 posts
I can't comment for sure yet, but I'm waitng on a Stila one from Strawberry net, only nz $11 with free shipping, but worth a try at that price, and they have a few shades.
ajrees23
41 posts
I use the Aveeno Tinted Moisturiser in the shade medium. It is great to use when you dont want a full on make up look. I find this gives me a nice glow and you can build it up if you want more coverage. It is easy to apply and has SPF in it. Great for the weekends
notjaya
62 posts
If you are looking for medium coverage, The La Mav Organics BB cream has a great formula with a matte finish. This is my go-to if I want more coverage. I'm happy with the Bobbi Brown CC cream on most days. It's light and has a glowy effect. Some of Oasis BB cream offers medium to full coverage but can be blotchy to apply.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!