Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Can Anyone Recommend to Me a Good Make Up Brush Book for Storing Make Up Brushes?

12 posts, 9 members
tannygirl
3392 posts
  I'm a bit weird in that I'll store my cosmetics and skincare and make up brushes in the boxes they came in. That's mostly because I store my stuff in drawers or on my desk and to keep the clear bottles protected from sunlight or to keep the products from easily falling over and the bottle leaking since that happens when close the drawer.
  Now my brushes, I've stored them in the Real Techniques plastic casing they arrived in ever since I've had them to keep them dust free and from loosing shape. Of course I only put away my brushes if they were clean. But it would be nice to store them in a Make Up Brush Book storage holder. I prefer that to a brush roll because I think the brushes are less squashed together and so less likely to loose shape. 
   I've had a look online and most of the brush book type bags/holders are a bit thin and they look a bit overpriced for the stitching coming out. I don't mind spending a bit more money to be organized. I definitely am willing to spend on brushes and collect them so something to keep them, organized, in shape and save from dust is an investment.  I have bought the Canoe makeup brush bag from Lug (it's very hard to find online honestly). I was going to use that for my face makeup brushes but the pockets are thin and it's too thin to store the thicker brushes like face brushes, although it's a great invention for eye make up brushes and storing thin and flat makeup brushes. 
    So any suggestions for me? So far the only one I have come across that's an idea would be the Sigma Brush Book Holder. 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
If you sew or know of someone who sews, you could make a custom one like this to fit all your brushes / requirements.
-Bex-
611 posts
Ooohhhh Silvene I love that! Great to customise it to your own brushes 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I've seen these sorts of things in pharmacies before in the beauty/gift type section and at some of the more boutique/gift/homeware type shops.
Macs
5351 posts
I looked up brush books. They look great for travelling. I had a bossy brush roll but it got dirty easily. I don't think I could keep one of those clean. A customised one is a good idea Silvene.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Macs I just put my Bossy brush roll through the washing machine after I use it. Often I'll clean my brushes and put the roll through the wash at the same time then they are all dry together
Macs
5351 posts
I never thought to wash it :0 Definitely will do that as I have kept it
trudijoy
8375 posts
it's just fabric and ribbons Macs - washes up beautifully. I air dry it, and it's perfect.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I had never heard of a makeup brush book! Had to google it lol My mum Is in Aussie at the moment and just bought me some brushes that come in a leather cylinder capsule that holds them similar to a book! :) Hope you find what you are looking for x
Ringy
825 posts
art shops have brush storage folders. I have a couple for paintbrushes and they would be great for makeup brushes. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
Has anyone tried those cylindrical brush cases? It looks great if you separate the cups and store the brushes upright on your dresser. I'm just wondering if you were traveling or had those in your drawer would the brush bristles get spread out or smooshed out over time. There are some cheap cylindrical brush cases online. 
Rajvee2588
221 posts
Never heard it makeup brush book before. As Amy said. I also have to google it regarding this.... I store my makeup brush in pen holder.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!