Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Apply powder BEFORE foundation

64 posts, 39 members
AliceS
55 posts
I watched the wayne goss video when he posted it, then I saw lots of people posting their fab results on makeup obsessives so I had to give it a go and i LOVE IT!!!!

I have noticed that I can use a lot less foundation now and that it does not look as cakey as it used to. I use an elf primer then the elf HD loose powder then my nutrimetics foundation and powder and I love the results. I notice that i need less foundation and less setting powder.I for one am never going back! It looks flawless!
Rhiannon135
74 posts
I feel intrigued to try this - especially after hearing all of your great feedback.
LauraDavies
3 posts
Haven't seen it yet but heard about it and gave it a try. I'm never that big on heavy full coverage though so i didn't notice any cakeyness and held up all day!
MissQT
1547 posts
yes ie hard a lot about this technique too and I have watched the YouTube video too, I've heard it makes your foundation stay on for longer too.
belynda
3 posts
I've started to do this. I found that becoming cakey depends on the type of powder, and if you use a sponge, brush or fingers to apply the foundation. You just have to find what works for you as everyone is different.
clairelouise
134 posts
Didn't work for me! Cakey make up and hard to blend =( Oh well!
HouseOdBanana
350 posts
I tried this out today and I hink i liked it. It did not cover my blemishes as good as I though and would have wanted but it did make my BB-Cream last much longer. I kinda have my own tachnique how to apply "bases" to my face, I litterarly slap it on my face, just like you would do with a serum and such. It just distributes the "base" on my face better and blends in much easier. I found this worked super good for the powder before foundation trick.
HouseOdBanana
350 posts
I tried this out today and I hink i liked it. It did not cover my blemishes as good as I though and would have wanted but it did make my BB-Cream last much longer. I kinda have my own tachnique how to apply "bases" to my face, I litterarly slap it on my face, just like you would do with a serum and such. It just distributes the "base" on my face better and blends in much easier. I found this worked super good for the powder before foundation trick.
salpal
1 posts
Works like a bomb for me!!! I just love Wayne Goss and I can honestly say that I have basically learnt everything i know from him. Brilliant teacher!!!
shanbam26
5 posts
im convinced! im gonna give this a go! also going to check out the guru on youtube :P im new to all this :P
borrie13
13 posts
I saw this a while ago and I've been very intrigued ever since. I haven't tried it yet, I'm not really sure what the best products to do it with are. Some probably work better than others together I would think.
I think I am going to have to give this wee trick a try, it sounds like it could really do wonders. I always do foundation first and then powder, but with all the great reviews about it, I will have to give this way a different go :) Thank you everyone! x
alinvl
1 posts
Definitely going to have to try this one out to see if it helps my makeup last longer.
shanellealarna
101 posts
I am super keen to try this out - I just need to buy some loose powder first (haha, what a shame).

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!