Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

e.l.f. brow kit

12 posts, 11 members
Chaotic82
522 posts
I am tired of waiting for them to come into stock in Kmart or on iHerb.  I was going to buy light and ash to see what was best for me - but since I will have to pay triple the price to get it anywhere else does anyone have any clue what one would be better for me?
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Are they better than the pencils? Or just a different look? I was looking at them tonight
katypatatie
142 posts
Have you tried getting them off Beauty Joint?
1139 posts
Chaotic82, judging by your profile picture I'm pretty sure you'd best suit ash. I use the ash one and my eyebrows and my natural hair colour are very similar to yours. I used to use the light kit but it was way too dark and red toned for my brows. If you're still in doubt then maybe try googling for swatches; that's what I usually do when I'm stuck for shades! :)

Farmers-Wife, I think they aren't necessarily better than pencils, just different. I go through phases of preferring my brow kit and then I go through a phase of preferring a brow pencil. I think your brows look fantastic in your profile picture so you should keep doing them the way you're doing them! But the elf brow kit is pretty great if you want to give it a go, and it's quite different from using a pencil as you use a brush to apply it. 
Lutece
1849 posts
I totally agree with Elena :)
EmmaTam
8 posts
Whats the difference between this and a pencil? Is it more waxier? I find my brows need some taming - have been using gel for the past few weeks - ekk! definetley helps with the defintion though. Have been waiting for this to come into Kmart
1139 posts
Yup EmmaTam the brow kits have both a wax and a powder so they're a lot waxier than a brow pencil. 
kirstysays
762 posts
Yip what Elena said! I have found that most people only use the wax part though and find that sufficient alone...I'm one of those people :)
HouseOdBanana
350 posts
I got the one in light and I found that the powder is so much more lighter from the wax, what am I supose to use the powder for anyaway? It is to dark to use as brow bone high lighter as well.
jaybeejack
116 posts
Looking at your colouring, I would also suggest the ash one.
I am blonde and although my brows are slightly darker the light has far too much red for me personally.

I have the elf kit in ash but have to admit I virtually never use it.
I always seem to grab my BYS blonde brow pencil which is a great low cost option (actually even prefer this over my Benefit brow pencill).

Only $9 and really easy to get a hold of from cosmetics plus I think its called - the cheap cosmetics place that is in most malls these days.

Its a great colour for blondes and has a waxy pencil consistency rather than just a dry pencil consistency. It lasts all day and I would recommend going and swatching it!

Its weird though, it looks peach when you open it so dont get put off.

Leyla
26 posts
I too had to wait ages for the one I wanted to become available from Iherb, so as soon as it became available again, I knew I had to get it (I got the dark one - obviously).

I think it makes my eyebrows look amazing. I really love it. I use my real technique brow brush to apply it.

Highly recommend getting it if you can

jodieb06
26 posts
I've only just recently started really caring about what my eyebrows look like (besides regular waxing of course!) so I think I'll definitely look into getting a brow kit to match my redhead colouring. Does anyone have any special tips for a newby?

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!