Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

need to exfoliate?

6 posts, 6 members
stepplight07
2 posts
Hi.
I used some kinds of peeling gel and scrub for exfoliating in the past, but I didn't think that they really worked well because I couldn't feel that big effects or differences after using them. Was it because of the products that I used, or do I really need to exfoliate my skins?
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
St Ives do a buuunch of different exfoliators to suit any skin type/need. If you have acne I highly recommend this. It's my holy grail. 
chikoboo
3402 posts
The thing you need to know about scrubs and peels are that they are 2 separate methods for different skin types.  A peel is a chemical compound that strips, killing bacteria and dissolves excess oil and dead skin cells, this can be artificially created or naturally using fruit enzymes, also there is a chemical peel (for pigmentation and skin damage) which is the most intensive form that can only be administered at a clinic.   While a scrub will remove dead skin cells to promote cell turnover these can be a combination of natural crushed up material such as sugar and/or nuts mixed with gels and creams, or a salt scrub and some have tiny round microbeads that are artificially created.   All are designed to buff off the surface area.  So working out what your skin needs and its type is essential first.  Peels are mainly designed for oily to combination types as the “strip” the skin but should be avoided by those with sensitive skin unless there is a product designed specifically for them.  Scrubs are suitable for all skin types but particular the more harsh versions are excellent for those who suffer from dry skin.  Looking for specific things in them like lactic and salicylic acids to help lighten discolouration and aid improve moisture. Glycolic acid works to improve fine lines, dullness, and pigmentation plus enlarged pores.   Scrubs come in many forms from facial gels, shower gels, creams, sugar and salt scrubs.  Using natural crushed material like nuts, sugar and salt or using artificially created microbeads that all buff over the skin. My favourites are The Body Shop Strawberry Polish shower gel for everyday gentle scrub whilst showering, Oasis Fruit Smoothie (a peel, scrub and mask all in one!) for my face once or twice a week.  Then The Body Shop Brazil Nut Scrub for in the bath. 
DianaN
143 posts
Ooh! Thank you TraineeMUA for the recommendation. I've had horrible breakouts for years and can haven't yet found an exfoliator that I'm satisfied with. I am almost at the end of my current cleanser so I'll definitely look out for this! 
AdriannaTh
6 posts
What did you use?
Maybe you have to much dead skin and then you can't feel the difference before and after you use gel. So you might need an efficient peeling cream like the IASO triple action peeling gel http://go-iaso.com/products/iaso-triple-action-white-peeling-gel . Once you'll try it, you'll feel the big difference for sure.

Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Hey hun, some people react differently to products and depending on what type of product you are using for your skin type, results may vary. I tend to find scrubs work well for me as opposed to peels because of sensitivity. But I exfoliate maybe once or twice a week to get a real deep down cleanse. Hope that helps xx

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!