Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

11 posts, 11 members
KomalChand
1 posts
Hey girls, do you think darker lips e.g: Purple, dark red would suit someone with a darker complection ? I've been dying to try the darker colour because of the beautiful ladies on the MUO page and they look so so good but i feel like i can't pull it of? 

Do you have any suggestions on what i can do? 

I recently purchased the revlon colourburst matte lipstick in the purple one and it just doesnt look as good? 

Help!! 
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I think it would. I dared to try a red which I have never done. I got a NYX butter gloss to start with. Then if it didn't look good I could use it over pencil or lip stick.
Best decision I reckon.

Give it a go!
accidentprone_x
845 posts
My go to dark lipstick is a purple one I purchased from Avon ages ago and sadly they don't have that color anymore which is indigo berry
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
I think dark lips look incredible on darker skin tones. Try it and rock it! :D
Kaiarahi
160 posts
Heck yeah it looks good!   I love dark lips, but haven't been brave enough to wear yet!
chikoboo
3402 posts
I'm in love with dark lips on any skin tone to be honest, to me it shows your personality, a girl who isn't afraid to wear bold colours on her lips can do anything she pleases :)

Thats why I love any colour, I'll try any once, you never know until you try, I mean I used to think eww to purple lips now I can't go 2 days without wearing my poisonberry lipstick it just makes me...me =)
isemonger
224 posts
Thanks to lorde I would say the dark lip is amazing right now ;)

And winter is coming (oh hey game of thrones - yes ok I am very excited about it tonight) so it's the perfect time to go a little darker. Summer is bright and colourful but in winter I enjoy a darker side.

You could go test some out most shops are always happy to let you try their products. Are you near a MAC store? I find Rebel is a great first time darker shade as its darker but not too dark for your first darker lipstick (I am not even sure if that even made sense - sorry!)

Good luck

x
Mila
1209 posts
Definately ! .... i think theres a shade in both lights and darks that suits everyones skin I think you just have to experiment and find what works for you and rock it !
Shazzaali
45 posts
I think it will. Give it a go, you will definitely surprise yourself and get so many compliments!
xjayloux
900 posts
Definitely! Without a doubt! 
HouseOdBanana
350 posts
Hell Yeah! You would look amazing! If you are abit insecure about it try something that is in the middle, like Poisonberry by Lime Crime or ChiChi has many amazing middle colours! That way you can get confident to wear the darker lippy!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!