Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

'Tubing' mascara - my beauty miracle

7 posts, 6 members
Baroness
2 posts
After years of struggling with mascara ending up in black smudges on the top of my cheek bones I have found a miracle mascara.
I have spent a huge amount of money on every type of mascara, trying to eliminate the panda eyes look.  I couldn't understand how my friends mascara would stay put after hours of sweaty dancing in clubs and mine just seemed to slide down my face....
The disappointment in mascara had led to me using no makeup as makeup without mascara just looks unfinished.
Recently I went out and bought a new mascara, determined to wear it again.  I did some research online, asked a beauty 'expert' at a department store about what mascara would suit me.  I explained my problem of 'melting' mascara and how it would slide down my face.  I was recommended an expensive, waterproof brand.  I was told it wouldn't melt on me.  I bought the expensive brand (I am a poor student currently...). After 1 hour of wearing it, the mascara was building up under my lashes, giving me a half circle of black smudge on my cheek bones.  ARGH!!! Again, even new technology, expensive mascara wasn't working on me.  
I tried to return the product, as they sold it saying it wouldn't do what it did, but they refused to refund me as I had used the product. I was so disappointed.
i went and did some more research online.
I discovered a few women have the same problem as me.  The problem is having oily eyelids.  The oil cause the mascara to slide off the lashes.  Even waterproof mascara.  It's like my eyes are permantly producing eye makeup remover.  Sigh.  
The solution for this problem is tubing mascara.  Tubing mascara is removed with water. 
IT STICKS TO OILY LASHES!! It doesn't come off until removed with water.
It doesn't cause any of the problems that regular mascara causes for me.. I am one really enjoying wearing makeup again, it is so nice to want to wear makeup every day and know that I will not end up looking like a clown after a few hours.
My favourite tubing mascara is Clinique Lash Power, but I am also using ZA cosemetics brand as it is a bit cheaper ($23) it is in the yellow and black tube.  I have also added the article that helped me..
http://lauratipt.wordpress.com/tag/complete-list-of-tube-mascaras/

Susilia
484 posts
That's so good you've finally found something what works for you!! I have had oily lids in my teen years but because of overusing benzoyl-peroxide for acne now I have very dry skin (with acne, lol)!
So all my mascaras stay put, at least one positive thing!:) 
You think about how you'll have like no wrinles around and under your eyes as your oil is like a natural anti-aging, yayy!!!;)
HouseOdBanana
350 posts
This might sound abit stupid but I still dont get what "Tubing" is? :S
Manda129
419 posts
Villmesic Ive tried this mascara by Blinc, which has the tubing effect it explains it here
HouseOdBanana
350 posts
Thank You Manda129. I will check it out now!
MicheleC
419 posts
Wow! I am so glad you found a solution.I feel really annoyed when we buy products with the advise of a person at the counter and it doesn't meet our expectation despite being really clear about what it is that we need to achieve. I think it is very bad customer service when a refund is not offered under those conditions.  They should give you a card saying they will accept the product back if it doesn't meet expectations. This would be a discretionary thing and only offered when necessary.  I wonder what the consumer guarantees says about such purchases??I used to wear contact lenses and was told I had oily eyes and it caused an issue with wearing contacts! The body is interesting and strange!
Lutece
1849 posts
I had never heard of this problem until reading your post, you poor thing, im glad youve finally found a mascara that works for you x

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!