Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

HELP! Has anyone tried making coconut whipped cream before?!

7 posts, 5 members
uptomischief
5 posts
So I need some help, I was looking online and found an awesome idea, to make whipped cream out of canned coconut milk by refridgerating the can overnight and draining off the liquidy stuff, and whipping up the coconut cream that was left? I was wondering, can't I just use normal canned coconut cream instead of the milk?! Has anyone tried this before, and if so how did it turn out, and what brand did you use?! 
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I haven't tried this but let me know how it goes as it sounds great.
As for the difference coconut milk is 1 part coconut and 1 part water while the cream is 4 parts coconut and 1 part water. Standing the milk overnight would alter the mixture so it consistancy would change but how much?
triffid
151 posts
That is the recipe I have seen.It would be interesting to see your resuly.The main problem is coconut cream and milk comes in many different thicknesses .I thinkk some brands are already pretty thick befor edraining and others too thin.Which brand did you use if it worked?
-Bex-
611 posts
yes I have done this and it was amazing! I used trident (I think it's called). Coconut cream. I sat it in the freezer for probably half an hour then opened it from the bottom of the can so the water could drain out just be very careful not to bump the can around taking from freezer to bench otherwise it will disturb the seperated water and cream. Then I just whipped it like normal cream and it was perfect. I hope this helps and I hope it works for you
uptomischief
5 posts
:)
uptomischief
5 posts
Thank you so much everyone for your replies :) I ended up trying this with canned coconut cream, and bought the pacific crown branded coconut cream. I refrigerated it overnight, and in the morning I froze the bowl and the beaters I was using for 10 minutes, and then beated it for approx 3 minutes with 2tsp icing sugar and 1tsp vanilla essence. It seemed to work but I havent done this before so I wouldnt know if it didn't.. lol. 
It is not quite as thick like whipped cream but it is close to it, and it tastes delicious! The pacific crown brand of coconut cream was very thick already, and it was so cheap, only $1.79 for 400mL from Countdown! :) I will be using this to top my meringues for christmas day. Let me know if you do try it and what you think cause I'd love to know,

-Jess :]
Mila
1209 posts
I have never tried with canned coconut or coconut cream before but I have made a whipped body butter with coconut oil, some almond and orange essential oil (or pick whatever tickles your fancy) a bit of rosehip oil and just let the cake mixer keep whipping until it looks like whipped cream.  Delicous on winter skin :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!