Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Where do you get the beat deals on your vitamins?

30 posts, 13 members
I have just discovered Health2000 have other payment options so you can do afterpay and pay them off which is great because they sure add up sometimes.

They also have a free sample of different things you can pick from and I picked gohealthy magnesium thinking it might be a weeks worth or something similar but it was a 60 pill bottle.

just wondering where there are better deals that may have payment options.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I find health2000 quite expensive, I use supplements.co.nz they also have free shipping anywhere in NZ and I am rural but they arrive literally the day or so after I order. Health post is good too.
Helibabi
101 posts
iherb for me.. free shipping over a certain amount and discounts often too. 
Doesnt have all the brands we are use to in NZ but my vitamin c I can find quite easily etc. just depends what you want I guess :) 
if I need something urgently I go to life as they have the points system and usually something's on sale :) 
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I buy my NZ made supplements at Healthpost. It's cheaper than retail prices if you order on any weekday morning (other than Friday) you get your order the next day and it's free for orders over 79 bucks. They also have a heaps of natural beauty products too.
MissDilly
229 posts
I use Wondermins  - they prescribe a regime based on your answers in a longish survey and you can adjust it each month depending on how you're feeling etc.. First month was half price - you just register and wait for an email offering two weeks free. They come in little daily packets - if you check my IG there's a pic of mine on there
I used to get a general multivitamin from Healthpost which did nothing, but wondermins works better for me - better skin, nails and way more energy and brain focus at the end of a long day.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I use healthpost, i buy the good health magnesium. The chemist charges $22 for the same $14 bottle i buy online!
trudijoy
8375 posts
i only take one and it's everything i need, and stops me getting sick even though i don't naturally have a fully operational immune system. It's called 'Immunofort' by Thompsons, and I find that if I stock up when Life Pharmacy have a sale I can usually get it for 40-60% off.

I would personally rather NOT buy that online as it literally is the difference between me being functional and not being functional sometimes. I'm screwed if they take it off the market.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I have a horrible cold so went to the health shop today, the product was $26 and online only $16 so a big difference. Not only was it expensive but I had to deal with a horrible shop attendant who I found rude and stuck up. If I hadn't of really needed it I would have walked out. The moral of my story lol I always shop online :-)
MareeB
5239 posts
I usually use Healthpost or Healthyonline. Fror basic stuff like multi vitamins, I buy them at the supermarket.
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I take a lot of stuff so some of the vitamins like zinc and selenium I buy at iherb where it's cheap and the threshold for free shipping is reasonable.
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Oh and I get a few things off Vitacost.com like my biotin and vitamin e. It used to be where I would buy off all my overseas vitamins but then I rediscovered iherb.com were I don't need to pay for shipping so I only buy off vitacost what iherb doesn't have the best deals on.
Sophia
203 posts
Healthpost & chemist warehouse. My Dr also recently prescribed some basic stuff like zinc, vit b and neurotabs so I got 90 of each for $5 a bottle
MareeB
5239 posts
Woe Sophia - that's amazing. I did not know Dr's prescribe vitamins - other than the obvious, iron and vitamin d. More of them should upskill and prescribe alternative stuff I reckon!
Kimrose
1412 posts
I work at Chemist Warehouse and have a pharmacy background and I know that our prices are the best around. We will also beat a price from competitor. It really is worth a look. If you so, stop by the fragrance s and say hi.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I take heaps of supplements (probably too many) and I get most of them from iherb. My favourite supplement for immune system support is a fraction of the cost it is in NZ. Added bonus being that iherb also has a great beauty section including Real Technique brushes, Pixi and a great selection of Korean products. 

Anything that isn't on iherb because, say, it's a NZ made product I would usually use My Natural Health which is usually slightly cheaper than Healthpost. I haven't used either of those sites for awhile though as iherb covers my current needs. Which reminds me, time to fall down the rabbit hole and make an iherb order lol. It's easy to lose a couple of hours of your life on that site! 
MareeB
5239 posts
What do you ladies think about the plastic capsules a lot of vitamins come in? I'd like to avoid them but if you try something new you don't know what it is until it arrives?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Maree, I've never given it any thought. I figure if my capsules are ok'ed but the FDA then they must be ok?
MareeB
5239 posts
I'd never thought about it either, then my sister said last week she's not keen on taking capsules because of our livers having to break down the plastic. Then I started really thinking hard about it ...
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hmmmm I don't think they are plastic. Are they gelatin or something? I remember a friend who is vegetarian not taking them as they were made from animal products.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I don't know how much actual 'plastic' is in them though. Gelatine ones aren't a problem obviously (unless you're vegetarian). I guess it comes down to what they use to bind the cellulose ones? Those binders could be in other things as well though? Who knows? 
alikat
423 posts
Really? Do people really think we're swallowing plastic when we take capsules? Wow. The FUD is strong on this one. Having had a job disposing of expired medicines, they're gelatin, and sometimes cellulose if they're vegtarian friendly. Definately not plastic.
trudijoy
8375 posts
all you have to do is wet one and watch it get melty. Not plastic. They'd never get away with 'here swallow this chunk of plastic'
MareeB
5239 posts
I've just been reading about them on the internet Soozie and Trudi. It is mostly gelatin but even then they include creepy things made from animal protein, as you noted Lisa. I'd still rather avoid them if I can. I've tried tipping the contents of some capsules into yogurt but urk - inedible.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Gelatin is animal protein. 
MareeB
5239 posts
Yep I get that, but I mean other creepy things.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I don't really like capsules either maree. The last time I took them was the Ageless Beauty Collagen trial which was ages ago.
MareeB
5239 posts
Yes, I'm getting more and more concerned about what's in our food and food-related products. I've worked in numerous factories so I know all sorts of things go into products that shouldn't, but it's bothering me more as I get older and wonder what it takes for my body to process this stuff. One well known factory used to make a product identical to Kit Kats before Kit Kats came out. One day I heard the supervisor agree to using a large tray of mouldy wafers to be chocolate coated and packaged. I was horrified. I got less horrified as I got more experienced and saw more of what went on. And that was in the cleanest of the factories I worked in. Just because products are made in NZ, we can't take for granted we have a get-out-of-jail free card in terms of icky ingredients and poor practices by managers and staff.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
That is really disgusting maree! Glad I don't eat kit Kat's lol. I'm very picky since I started eating keto and I can't believe the crap I used to put in my body.
MareeB
5239 posts
Yes, I hope Kit Kats are cleaner - I LOVE them! I'd like to get back on a keto diet, I found it the best for energy, sleep quality and  removing belly fat. Soon, I say, soooon....
Imoshen
461 posts
I checked all my capsules this morning and only one of them was made from gelatin and they stated Bovine.  The rest are made from cellulose.  Many of them state if they are vegan friendly too.

I prefer them because they are easier to swallow.

Cellulose gel caps
Capsules are fast dissolving in the stomach and easily digestible. ... HPMC -- Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose -- is derived from vegetable cellulose. 100% natural, these capsules contain no preservatives, gelatin, wheat, gluten, animal by-products or starch, and they are made from pure cellulose of either pine or poplar.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!