Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Sleeping problems with restless legs

12 posts, 5 members
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hi ladies. Omg last night was horrible,  I had severe restless legs and feet all night until I eventually gave up at 3am and took a sleeping pill. Does anyone else get this and what do you do to help? I know it can be an electrolyte imbalance but because I eat keto I pretty on top of that already, suggestions please. Thanks!
trudijoy
8375 posts
oh no lIsa! I'm in some kind of pain probably 3 days a week most weeks, and I often get a myalgia after I've been sick that sounds a lot like what you experienced last night.

I find a hot shower helps, and then lying in bed i tighten my muscles and hold them tight, then slowly release the energy from them. I do that a few times, usually with a sleep app or something playing, and usually it helps settle and relax things
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
My work is very physical and I am on my feet constantly walking for 10 hours straight so I feel like that triggers it! Cool I shall try that Trudi thanks :-) I may get some magnesium after work see if that helps.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Maybe try a magnesium cream straight onto your legs as the body absorbs it better this way than orally?
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Thanks Soozie I will go to the chemist in the weekend and look for that. I will try anything!
Macs
5351 posts
Funny enough I haven’t been sleeping properly. I’ve been on night shift a lot . 
MareeB
5239 posts
Shift work plays havoc with your sleep eh Macs? especially if you still have to get up and sort out your kids in the morning!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I use the Goodhealth one, Lisa. Epsom salts are also good in the bath as they are also magnesium. 
MareeB
5239 posts
True - epsom salts and lavendar oil in the bath.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Cool Soozie thanks for that I just purchased it online, I got the Goodhealth sleep magnesium cream for only $13.20 which is great and i would certainly prefer a cream over pills, thanks for your help!
Macs
5351 posts
Yeah I’m constantly on varying shifts Maree from graves through to morning shifts . Somehow managed to show up to them on time every time . I’ll definitely try some of these suggestions out. 
MareeB
5239 posts
Good work Macs - shift work is hard!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!