Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

9 posts, 8 members
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Hey lovelies, I've got really bad insomnia at the moment and looking for some advice on some supplements that you may have used to help with sleep. I'm getting about 5 hours sleep at the moment and its taking its toll arghhh lol. I've been told Magnesium can help but thought I would ask on here.

Thanks xxx
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Ugh insomnia sux! I too have issues with sleep. There are a few natural things you could try. Sleepy time tea, sleep drops, magnesium sleep cream, melatonin. They may help. You can also get natural sleeping pills, the ones I tried were from healtheries just at the supermarket. Magnesium pills help but I find they are so big it puts me off taking them, someone may know of a brand that does smallish pills. I hope you find something that helps xx
Head Pixie
569 posts
I'm all for that magnesium life - although they didn't do much when the perimenopause began playing havoc with my sleep (then I switched to Harmony Night/Day - thanks for the tip, Silvene!). But a cup of Pukka Love tea (I get mine from iHerb or Countdown), which has chamomile and a few other bits and bobs in it, followed by two magnesiums used to help a lot with sleep.

Also, randomly, Horlicks. A cup of milky Horlicks. 

Fingers crossed for some sweet dreams for you soon! X
RamblingRose
1280 posts
You’re welcome, Head Pixie! 

I’m still taking the Harmony Menopause supplement, which has definitely improved my sleep (way less night sweats and hot flushes), and I take a magnesium supplement 2 hours before bedtime, it helps with muscle cramps, aids sleep and eases stress.  If I’m feeling particularly worried or stressed about something, I have a cup of Red Seal Relaxing Tea, which tends to calm the nerves and soothe the mind. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I use the ThisWorks Deep Sleep Pillow Spray, which I get from Mecca, and a sleep app. Failing that, I used to use the clinicians REM sleep. They were great but I couldn’t take them when I was on antidepressants. Healtheries easy Sleep are good too. I should buy more - they’re good because they’re natural and affordable, but help you get to sleep 
MareeB
5244 posts
I used progesterone cream for perimenopause - it was a lifesaver.
Sophia
203 posts
I'm taking a Swisse magnesium tablet after dinner/ couple hours before bed. It only helps if I have not eaten something for dinner that excites my digestion... Bubbly or acid tum interferes with sleep no matter what. Magnesium generally helps me sleep more heavily, but it's not like some magic sleeping pill.
Another combo I like is a magnesium and a kava capsule. That is probably better than magnesium alone but the kava is more expensive so I try to limit use to when I have serious worries. I recommend Vitafit kava.
MareeB
5244 posts
I also use 5HTP mumofthree. It can leave me feeling a bit drowsy during the day though. Other women who used to be on BR swore by it. You can buy it from the supermarket.
Pat17
390 posts
I find magnesium and zinc combination work really well for me

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!