Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Looking for Prenatal Vitamins recommendation

11 posts, 8 members
Mimi-Sheen
38 posts
Hi beauties! Can you please help me in finding a good prenatal vitamins that are tried and tested. My midwife says get your vitamins via food but I know my body food isn't enough I need supplements.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hiya, I took Elevit throughout my pregnancy :-)
AboutFace
413 posts
My doctor recommended folic acid and vitamin c, this helps to reduce the chances of your baby getting Spina bifida. You need the vitamin c so that your body absorbs the folic acid. Then just take a vitamin that is for pregnancy it doesn't have to be an expensive one. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Definitely take folic acid and iodine.  But I'm sure your midwife will already have you on that.
Mimi-Sheen
38 posts
Yeah I am taking folic and iodine. Thank you for your suggestions :)
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Congratulations on your pregnancy :-)

I took Folic Acid and Elevit. Was really good. 

I know its not a vitamin but I also used the Palmers Cocoa Butter Stretchmark cream and that worked wonders :-) 
shazatron101
5112 posts
My midwife had me on a cocktail of stuff i hated but im glad for it. 

Flaxseed - i had the capsules. 6 a day! Theyre massive. Apparently theres a liquid thats better. Helps all the little things in the little one grow. Disgusting burps. 

Iron - floradix or your midwife should be able to prescribe tablets. Keeps the blood count up or something, something with blood anyway

I was on baby asprins as well but i think that was a me thing not an every one thing

I took the blackmores version of elevit. Cheap and cheerful, does the same thing as elevit without the massive price tag!

Congratulations on your wee babe. Good luck!
MareeB
5244 posts
The flaxseed tabs are huge but it's a wonderful supplement.
Mimi-Sheen
38 posts
Thanks everyone for kind wishes! So blessed to have a beautiful community around :)
JamieB
3 posts
Definitely Elevit! I used it pre and post partum when breastfeeding.
Jessicaparkin
13 posts
Floradix is awesome ( especially when breast feeding and after the birth). I found I got anaemic after giving birth to all of my boys. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!