Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Healthy Eating - Keto / Low Carb / Goals

21 posts, 7 members
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Hi lovelies xx

So before Christmas and New Years, I was living the Keto lifestyle and absolutely loved it. Come xmas and new years festivities, I've gained quite a bit yikes. I'm currently sat lying on my bed with a hot water bottle feeling like poo and asking myself why I over indulge lol.

So I thought why not start a thread for those that want to start their health goals for 2020. That way we can motivate, encourage and share tips and tricks.

I'm going to start with detoxing, plenty of water, ACV and electrolytes followed by intermittent fasting / OMAD.

Anyone else making any healthy new years resolutions? xx
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Nice idea. I'm always making health resolutions and not sticking to them. I have looked at the keto diet but don't think I've got enough discipline to stick to it.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I didn't think I had that much discipline either but have managed to keep at it since January last year. Only really fell off the bandwagon at xmas lol.

trudijoy
8375 posts
I stopped weighing myself about a year ago, and it's totally changed my mindset. I only get on the scales to weigh luggage lol. Because of that I know I'm probably about 10kg lighter atm  than I was mid winter - comparing Fiji holiday weight with Vanuatu holiday weight. I no longer assign emotion to those numbers though.

my goals for this year are to get back on the healthier path I was on pre Xmas/ny. That basically is 10,000 plus steps/dayfor a minimum of ten days then if I have an off day I can just start again. And calorie counting but based on my own caloric burn not on any generic limit. It's about creating a deficit with the steps. I lost a dress size at the end of last year, and my goal is to fit the stuff in my wardrobe that doesn't currently fit and to pick up my energy for the new year. 

im not thin atm but I no longer care and was happily rocking round in a series of bikinis etc this week in Vanuatu, because it really doesnt matter to me now. I think they call it body neutrality - it works so it's perfect. 

I just have stuff I love that I want to be able to wear again, and I know I have better energy at a certain size

Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
That's a great mindset to have Trudi x

In the past I've always focused on numbers and not what my body and clothes are telling me. So I stopped weighing myself and calculating everything and just decided to go with it the flow. That has been so effective for me and so much better for my emotional well being as well. You just end up beating yourself up over anything and everything and that is no way to live your life.

trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah for sure. I've been through self starve EDs, and weight ups and downs, and at the grand old age of 39 next month I've come to realise that it's your attitude that's the most important. I follow some amazing IG accounts that reminds me of that too. 

I can't do keto,  VLCD, intermittent fasting, 5:2 or any of those due to my metabolic condition so my best bet is to maintain even caloric input and output, and not worry about numbers. It's all about what works for each individual hey! 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I did keto for over 2 years and while I enjoyed it I found I became too obsessed with it. Now I just eat a balanced diet but I watch my sugar intake still and limit bread/pasta etc. 
For me I also feel better at a certain size and try not focus on the scale. I've started walking in the evening and just generally moving more during the day. 
I definitely indulged over xmas and new years so would like to buckle down so I feel good and not blobby lol.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Oh and I've started having this stuff called nutrient rescue. My partner has it every morning and thinks it is amazing stuff so I have been having it in a smoothie and it tastes nice. Takes a few weeks to notice a difference so interested to see if it helps with my energy levels.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Is it like a multivitamin situation? 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Sorry I didn't explain that well at all, it's a green powder which I have as a smoothie with a banana, spinach and milk. I have the double shot which is 6 servings of fruit and vegetables. It's made in NZ too which is great. Has some great reviews :-) My partners energy and motivation is through the roof, hes been having it for a couple months and been trying to get me on to it so I decided to give it a go.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Sounds interesting! I eat a lot of fresh fruit and veg anyway but I'm intrigued 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
If you google it there is a website with lots of info :-) Will update with how I'm feeling in a week as I have been having it for a week already. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Thanks Lisa x
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Lol nutrient rescue has just come up on my Facebook ads. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol they are watching us!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Big Brother is  watching lol
trudijoy
8375 posts
Snap, Lisa lol
Helibabi
101 posts
After having gestational diabetes in my last 2 pregnancies I still try and eat low carb with quite a few keto inspired recipes in the mix.. def not full keto. It’s not for weight loss but for keeping my blood glucose levels in check.. Have to be tested and keep an eye on my diet for rest of my life now but anything to reduce risk factors for disease in my future I will try. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
It's preferable to the retirement village ad from the other day lol. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Lol soozie and the dating ad ones 
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I already eat pretty healthy. But I'm a bit slack on drinking enough water and I somedays don't get around to exercise and I don't get enough sleep. So maintaining a healthy lifestyle through my studies.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!