Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

tips to learning yoga at home

11 posts, 10 members
The term yoga is derived from the Sanskrit meaning ‘unite’; therefore, you could say that yoga is a practice that could help you to unite the mind and body as one. Yoga is currently regarded as the perfect strategy that can be used to prevent diseases like heart attack, headaches etc. More and more people are turning to the practice of yoga as such a strategy never inflicts any side affect on the practitioner. Today, you have several spas or ashrams that offer yoga training programs. However, when it comes to learning or practicing yoga it is not necessary that you approach any of these sources. With the right attitude and determination, you can always consider learning it from home. When you plan to learn and practice yoga from home, one of the first priorities should be to make a list of all the sources that could cater you valuable information related to such a strategy. You can always consider enlightening yourself with the different practices and concepts related to yoga via sources like yoga videos, books etc. Turning to any of the yogic websites is also regarded as an effective means to learn yoga. Once you have access theses to these sources, the next thing to consider is to plan a schedule to put each of the steps related to yoga in practice. For the cause, you need to anticipate the intervals during a day where you will be free. See that you find time to practice yoga each day.
BeautyCutie
130 posts
I have been practising yoga at home for years and years now, and it works fine for me! Although I have been to several classes and loved them, I find that fitting yoga into my own time when I'm at home allows me to focus more on the poses which I specifically like and feel resonate with my body. There are several really good yoga websites out there which can help you find information on the poses you want to practice, as well as a wealth of books and DVDs which you can follow along with. I personally record Yoga TV in the mornings, then fit in the classes when I have time during the day or weekend. But the best thing about being an at-home yoga practitioner, is that you can get your workout done outside in the fresh air, especially now that summer is on its way!
Only thing to be careful of is that you're excuting each pose correctly - without an instructor to advise you, it becomes extra important that you're being careful with your postures.
chikoboo
3402 posts
I recently got an XBox360 with kinect with the Biggest Loser game.  It has yoga on it and is very easy to follow as the kinect tracks your moves and tells you when you are or are not nailing it.  There is also boxing and aerobics that are fun.  Just a tip though if like me you have animals, shut them in another room, I did a Bob Harper routine last weekend and the cat decided that it would be fun to lay on me as I need to floor portion lol, helpful little critter!
funbeea
114 posts
I have always wanted to try yoga. It sounds really good.
tarawr158
119 posts
I have been wanting to try to start/add yoga into my daily routine for a long time. It sounds like fun and it appears that it is really benefical and easy to do :)
rachelb
3 posts
Sun salutations are a great place to start.
Focus on the breath. The respiratory and motor systems are connected, and you may well find your breathing rhythms naturally align with your movements. Focus on the inhale, and then the exhale. Focus on the feeling of flow. 
Yoga is about more than just the pose. Asanas (the physical poses) are only one of the 8 Limbs of Yoga, I recommend looking into the other aspects. They are all connected. You may also like to look into Chakras; an understanding of the energy centres may help you determine which Asanas to practise. 
Cassey
22 posts
I taught myself yoga at home. It took me a while to really get in to it, initially I found it hard being so inflexible and struggling so much to hold poses. One thing that I found really important was finding an online tutor that works for you, whether it's YouTube instructors, subscription platforms, Pinterest images etc. 

And finding the right time of day for your body to practice. I prefer to practice in the morning to get it out of the way while I still have the energy. But (and forgive me because I can't remember the term) my body is more suited to practicing in the afternoon. It's not a huge thing but it does help your practice be more beneficial. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Yoga is something I dabble in every other year. When I do I really enjoy it and feel it's beneficial for my body. For one reason or another I end up stopping and lose the flexibility I gained.
Pat17
390 posts
I have tried a couple of yoga classes when I stayed with my friend and loved it.
MareeB
5244 posts
There's an awesome couple called Juliana and Mark Spicoluk who run Boho Beautiful on Youtube. They do tons of yoga sessions at different abilities and for different needs, times of day etc and they also have some great videos about what they eat on their vegan diet. They're lovely to watch :)
Pat17
390 posts
I enjoyed yoga althoigh I think I could get into it  but like I fitness exercises or Zumba best .

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!